facebook

question

by:    

If I am an incoming freshman and want to double major would that make sororities not want me?

Posted By: ?
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

A sorority isn't going to know if you double major unless you tell them. If the majors are something like Chem E and Physics, they might not just because you could do poorly and lower their overall gpa. If it's Communications and Journalism, prob wouldn't care.

By: Depends
#2by:    

Okay thanks. I am considering Communications and Political Science.

By: ?
#3by:    

I went through rush this last year and I'm a double major in two sciences, and everyone I talked to was actually really impressed. Given, during rush, the people you talk to are trying to make you like them so they'll basically say whatever, but the house I ended up going, I really liked because the girl who preffed me was also a double major in the same things as me so we bonded over that and I actually ended up falling in love with my house partly due to how encouraging they were about having a double major. It's out there. I don't think it will hurt you, but they will expect you to keep your grades up and learn how to balance a social life with academics (which isn't as easy as it sounds as a freshman in college).

By: well
#4by:    

If you have a great HS GPA they will probably be impressed, but if it's on the lower side they will probably we wary of you...

By: ....
#5by:    

Thanks I have right at a 4.0 in high school so far with some college credit. I just wanted to double major because I was interested in both fields and had planned on applying to law school in the future.

By: ?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

I am a double major with a minor and I was fine going through rush.

By: you're fine
#7by:    

Double majors are great! (If you're smart)

By: No

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.