facebook

latest poll data

by:    

In the talk about national tiers, this comes pretty close. Students at universities around the country were asked which was the top / most popular sororoity.

To see the results, go to: universityprimetime.com/school/uofa/article/top-10 0-sororities-in-america

(If there is a space in the url remove it or the address won't work.)

Posted By: National tiers
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

This is proof positive that there is not such a thing as a national tier of sororities based on popularity. You can get a top 10 based on size, dollars contributed to philanthropy, number of chapters, etc. But if you're just looking at which houses girls pref the highest, there is not a national top tier.

By: national tiers
by: Every   

Just about every NPC and NIC group will be top at some places and bottom others. To get a full perspective you'd have to look at hundreds of different schools for probably several criteria and then decide how much each school and chapter is worth. There aren't that many Panhellenic sororities and most of them have a similar number of chapters and even members/chapter. There are a few pretty small ones that aren't on many big campuses, but the differences between 20 or so of them are pretty vague. With IFC there are something like 75 fraternities, ranging from 10-300+ chapters, so there could definitely be some big block chunking. You could say something like Kappa or DDD are a lot more prominent than TPA or ASA, and SAE is a lot more prominent than Phi Mu Delta or KDR nationally, but among large/powerful groups (i.e. most sororities and every fraternity over 100 chapters plus a few smaller well connected ones) it's a lot of opinion, regional bias and shades of grey.

By: Every
#12by:    

I always thought that the sororities I was familiar with were the only ones that would be worth being in and I kind of pitied girls in less popular houses (and yes, I know that was immature). This list opened my eyes and made me realize that there are probably other things that I take for granted that are also regional not national standards.

By: strange
#13by:    

just wow!

By: wow
#14by:    

This blows my mind. You always hear about being panhellenic and respecting everyone, but this really tells the story why.

By: new ranking
#15by:    

This ranking kind of makes all other rankings look stupid. Maybe that's what it was meant to do. We should all be choosing houses for the girls that we like rather than for the "prestige" of the house.

By: ^

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#16by:    

I'm No. 1...in my mind.

By: I'mBEST

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.