facebook

national tiers

by:    

Can anyone tell me if there are national tiers?

Posted By: nat
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

There is no hope for you people answering the world's stupidest question about national tiers. There is no such thing. Houses are good where they're good and bad where they are bad. Even regionally you can't do it. I'm from oos and the house I'm in at Bama is tops at one of my state's schools and the very bottom at the other of my state's schools. AGD is the bottom at the other school and Phi Mu lost their chapter because they could only recruit about 15 girls when quota was in the 80s and 90s. The whole "national tier" business is just to make the girls feel good as they put their house's name down as a top tier house somewhere else. Don't fall into this stupid trap.

By: no hope
#12by:    

So true. Besides, it doesn't matter. There are amazingly distinguished alums from every panhellenic sorority. Choose girls you want to spend 4 years with and stop worrying about whether your choice means you are popular or not. This whole thread sounds like it's taking place in a middle school girl's bathroom.

By: @#13

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#13by:    

is saying anything about choosing a sorority based on national tiers. It's perfectly fine to want to discuss what sororities have an edge across the country though. And I promise if you say national tiers don't exist, then you're in a group that isn't considered to be strong nationally.

By: No one
by: Probably   

There are only like 4 or so sororities that aren't very large or prominent nationally, and most of the fraternities at Bama including all of the Machine houses+ATO, Sig Ep, Phi Psi, etc. are pretty big nationally. Obviously there are differences in strength among national sororities/fraternities, but it shouldn't be the deciding factor unless you think you need connections to get a job as a floor manager at your brother's dad's used car dealership or whatever.

By: Probably

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.