facebook

which sorority/sororities should be a good fit?

by: Transfer

I'm coming to UA as a transfer student (freshman). I don't know anyone, and I really think that joining a sorority will be a great way for me to make friends! I'm friendly and bubbly, but I'm not a big partier and I'm very academically focused. I'd be joining through Continuous Open Bidding, so I know not all sororities will be available to me and that I won't get much time with the sororities before I potentially got a bid, but I'm wondering which sororities on campus are generally academically focused and aren't super into crazy parties, just so I know a good place I'd fit in. Roll Tide :)

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Isay   

ALL the sororities will have groups of members who are highly academic and ALL will have groups who are more into parties. But you can look on UA's Greek Affairs site and find the latest grade reports. Look under the Resources tab.

By: Isay
by: LaneJan 15, 2014 8:35:23 PM

Best advice

By: Lane
#2  by: Spring   

Recruitment (COB) is going to be formal, which means ALL houses have to do it. You'll get to go through all the houses and get to base opinions of houses on your own. This website is not the place to ask any questions about recruitment at all because a lot of the things on here are bogus. Good luck with cob!

By: Spring
by: i have a Jan 19, 2014 8:40:52 PM

question about COB, even though i know this isn't the best place for accurate info. but, is there any kind of pref round in COB, or any other way to indicate which sororities i like the most before I (possibly) get a bid? or is it all up to the sororities?

By: i have a
by: yeahJan 19, 2014 9:46:22 PM

and how will i know if a sorority is interested? i've been to a few parties, but i've heard nothing else...

By: yeah
#3  by: jj   

Chi O, Alpha Gam, Alpha Chi, & AOPi

By: jj
by: AgreeJan 9, 2014 11:01:43 AM

Agree with the selection of these sororities

By: Agree
by: Dream On!Jan 10, 2014 5:46:44 PM

What's up with AOPi? You guys are nice girls but so different from Chi O, Alpha Gam and Alpha Chi! Why would you even want to put yourselves in that category?

By: Dream On!
#4  by: Please   

Don't ask for advice on here.

By: Please
by: I AGREE!Jan 10, 2014 5:48:28 PM

Girls are self promoting their sororities, bashing others.... These sororities are so big they all have a place for you.

By: I AGREE!
#5  by: Studious?   

Chi O

By: Studious?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.