facebook

northerner joining a fraternity

by:    

I'm from Pennsylvania and intend to attend Alabama and join a fraternity this fall. I don't know anyone with experience with fraternities at UA, so there are a few questions I need answering.
1: Which fraternities will be the hardest to get into for someone from the north who won't be able to attend summer parties and whatnot?

2. Is it worth attending the IFC preview day?

3. Which, if any, of the fraternities are seen as being the bottom houses?

Posted By: Steve
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Old row is a long shot and not were your effort if you're not coming down in the summer. I would recommend you try to at least come sometime over the summer, it helps even you don't want a old row bid.

A variety of factors goes into finding where you fit in. Athletic, wealth, etc.

Shoot for some of the middle new rows really, but all fraternities here are middle tier anywhere else. Honestly you'll have fun in anyhouse, I guarentee it.

By: no shot
#2by:    

also there is a lisit on the second page which should help

By: advice
#3by:    

1.Old Row except for Phi Delt 2.Probably 3.Won't go there.

By: Lord of Suds
by: no   

phi gam has more non southerners than phi delt retard

By: no
by: Lord of Suds   

The beginning of his question # 1 was"which houses are the hardest to get into". Not whichhouses have the most northerners. Then I answered "old row except for Phi Delt" of which I am correct.

by: Lord of Suds   

point well made, my appologies

#4by:    

Pick a few that you are interested in. Sign up on the Panhellenic website. I think there is a $20 fee. Upload your resume. Try to get a few recs mailed in to some recruitment chairs. Text or email the recruitment chairs. Maybe send them a resume. Their emails are usually on their website. But coming to summer parties at lakes or beach is best way to get a bid. Even spring band parties are a way to meet guys. It's all about meet and greet and attending the parties. You just have to get to know the officers to get an invitation to those. Honestly, by the time school starts 95% of all rushing is over. Frats at Bama have informal open rush in spring and summer, unlike sororities who have formsl rush for 8-9 days before school starts. About 10-15% of pledges are sophomores who didn't know anyone as a freshman and didn't understand the pledging system. So they used their freshman year to get to know as many people as possible and looking for a frat to join as a sophomore. Being in a frat is awesome. It's a great brotherhood, promotes great school spirit, requires participation in other campus leadership organizations, supports charitable organizations, encourages high academics among members, and has a lot of fun. Good luck.

By: Narrow it down

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.