facebook

rush

by:    

I am wondering about the importance Alabama sororities place on legacies. I am not from Alabama but I am a decently attractive southern girl with a really high GPA, lots of volunteer work, and extracurricular activities. I know this isn't out of the norm for Alabama, or from any SEC girl looking to rush, but I am trying to set the scene. I was pleased to discover that AXO here is pretty great, at least on paper (I'm not in the sorority so I wouldn't know the innerworkings). I am a double legacy to AXO, but know next to no one at Bama. Also, my legacy status doesn't stem from an AXO at bama, so will that even matter? Rushing here scares me because I hadn't thought I would be coming here, and it turns out there is a good chance I will. Greek life is really important to me, and I worry that I will be completely lost here. At least at ole miss, though not a legacy, I know a decent amount of girls in different sororities. Here, I am a legacy to two sororities but know absolutely no one except for one girl. I guess the point is does AXO here honor legacy status if the girl is perfectly qualified?

Posted By: stressed PNM
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

if you are an average-looking prude, pledge ado

By: hmmm
#2by:    

axo

By: hmmm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Nobody, not even an AXO, can give you a definitive answer. Legacy status does matter, but it's only one consideration. I would say grades is the first consideration - Under a 3.0 and only a handful of groups will consider you, and AXO has higher standards than most. Personal connections are next, followed by good personality, followed by looks. Your legacy connections need to send those recommendations, but you personally need to broaden your view. There may be other reasons a group will choose to drop you - maybe they need more athletes, or fewer musicians, or more Mobile girls, or fewer blondes. Keep ALL your options open, and be friendly to everyone. Try to go to spring preview if at all possible...got to an alumnae panhellenic session in your hometown if possible...

By: Well

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.