facebook

old row vs new row?

by: 2014HSgrad

I'm going to be be freshman here next year and am curious about the old row vs new row stuff. I know at this school it's nice saying you're part of one of the old row fraternities, but when it comes down to it, what's the actual difference? For example, what would SAE do better that EX would not?? Like that.

Posted By: 2014HSgrad
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ....   

Literally nothing. They both have impressive history both nationally and at Alabama. Pledge process, social life, opportunities, networking will be basically the same at both chapters. 'Old row' and 'new row' is completely obsolete, used only by morons who want to make themselves feel better.

By: ....
by: ORow has edgeDec 11, 2013 9:06:26 PM

I am new row and proud of my house which boasts the most famous UA Alumni and a service record second to none ... That said, Old Row doesn't go up and down as much as most of the new row houses (it took Phi Delt 30 years to get this bad) .... All of Old Row deserves respect - they are the main reason the UA Fraternity System is the best in the US.

By: ORow has edge
by: HoochDec 12, 2013 9:39:11 AM

DX has old row's RESPECT which is more than I can say about some of the other new row houses.

By: Hooch
#2  by: ...   

Truth is the only ones that care about old row are those on old row. It's extremely inaccurate seeing most of the true oldest sororities and fraternities on Alabama's campus are "new row". All it is, is tons of money paid each year to be sponsored by Budweiser. Go where you fit best

By: ...
by: this Jan 14, 2014 1:38:58 PM

listen to this guy (or girl)

By: this
#3  by: Basically   

if you plan on living in Alabama after college, old row may have some significance. Otherwise there is nothing wrong with going to a good New Row house.

By: Basically

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.