facebook

legacy status

by:    

Hello! I am a legacy to AXO, Tri Delta, and Phi Mu, but I don't know any girls in these houses. From what I understand, these sororities are very selective, and I will be rushing as a junior. Will my legacy status to these houses help me at all during rush?

Posted By: Junior
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

no.

By: HAHAHAHAHAHA
#2by:    

Till you try. Just make a great impression!

By: You never know

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Get in the game and stay open about the process. You will be rewarded.

By: Of course.
#4by:    

sorry, but no it won't help you. rush is so competitive here. junior with no connections=no bid. just being real.

By: uh
#5by:    

I rushed as a junior so don't think that it's impossible. I was not a transfer student when I rushed so I had a lot of connections through good friends and family so rush actually went really well for me and I ended up in the sorority that I had wanted to be in since the beginning. The main thing you really need to try to do is meet a lot of sorority women. Try to get invited to teas and whatever you can. Definitely go to Panhellenic preview weekend. Being a junior is something that can make you memorable and set you apart if you play it up in the right way. Since you have no connections other than legacy (which may get you invited back to one or two rounds but ultimately doesn't mean that much unless you are a double or triple legacy to the chapter at Alabama), you definitely need to have good recs to all of the sororities as well as stellar grades. Another tip is to dress really well, as superficial as that sounds. A lot of freshman won't know what college girls really dress like so you have that advantage. I'm not saying that you won't get a bid, but unless you really follow through with grades/recs/dressing well, you might not get what you want. Just go in with an open mind.

By: Junior
#6by:    

All have pledged juniors, but those juniors had extensive friends already in those houses.
Broaden your scope, sweetie. Legacy means little nowadays, with 2,200 women rushing. There are 17 great sororities out there...you can only pledge one. Pledge one that wants you!

By: Un uh
#7by:    

I didn't mean that I was only interested in those, but I know that as a junior with no in house connections it's going to be hard to get a bid anywhere. I just didn't know if my legacy status could help me at those houses or not. I live half way across the country so I'm not sure that I'll be able to make it to a preview weekend. Any advice on what I can do to really stand out or help my chances?

#8by:    

Be hot. That's all.

By: frat
#9by:    

Like I already said, dress well, have a good gpa, and get outstanding recs for everyone. That's your best shot.

#10by:    

Participate in the spring preview day. Info will be posted on the Panhellenic page.

By: And.....

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.