facebook

for students at ua

by: l

Do people think highly of UA compared to say a slightly more prestigious college like SMU? Like when you tell someone you go to Alabama are they condescending? Not being rude just asking

Posted By: l
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Not at all....   

Not at all - Especially if you are in the honors college and part of greek life at UA - it is one of the best choices I ever made! It is an awesome school and SMU is good too, but not as well known nationally ... Just my opinion

By: Not at all....
#2  by: SMU   

You joking. UA sciences are better by 10 miles. UA has 10x the Nat'l Merit Scholars. SMU costs twice as much. SMU better at bragging though, because they are in TEXAS

By: SMU
#3  by: Longhorn   

just stumbled on here and saw this. SMU is the kind of school that is really good if you want to be part of the Dallas business scene, but outside of that, and to a lesser extent Texas, it doesn't have much in the way of connections or recognition. It has a few good schools like it's business school, but Bama almost certainly has better natural sciences and engineering schools. I have brothers and have met other SMU transfers who pledged after coming to UT who transferred for better business, natural science and especially engineering programs.

By: Longhorn
#4  by: Depends   

If you're from the North and talking to somebody who's not a football fan, they might be condescending. But down in the South everybody loves to hear you go to Bama, maybe because the South is more traditional/Bama has a better rep down here. I actually chose Bama over SMU, partly because of money, but also because I feel way more comfortable down here. SMU is a GREAT school, and I know I'd be getting a better education there, but I know I wouldn't be as happy in that kind of preppy, pretentious atmosphere.

By: Depends

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.