facebook

Phi mu or kappa

by:    

Both old row what’s the difference...I know they have pretty houses but what about the girls and morals?

Posted By: Idk
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I would say phi mu’s are trendier and a little more uppity than kappas, who are more laid back. (This is what the stereotypes would tell us anyway)

By: ..
#2by:    

Both are good houses but not very similar. Phi mus are more appearance oriented/care a lot about image/reputation and are more involved on campus. Kappa cares much less about this but is snobby towards people people outside the kappa bubble (people who are “in” that bubble are from New Orleans, mountain brook, mobile, atlanta; and are in KD, dke, SAE, phi delt). Neither house is necessarily a grades focused house but that doesn’t mean they don’t have studious girls who make good grades— it just means they aren’t a house like alpha gam or alpha chi that prides themselves on grades. Kappa is wilder and more laid back.

By: Guest
by: Lol!!   

Reading this old post - how times have changed!!!!

By: Lol!!
by: trailer park   

Old Phi Mu would have never pledged SR or GE. New Phi Mu did. They’re just not what they used to be.

Shelby’s part in the documentary KILLED them in rush this year.

By: trailer park
#3by:    

Kappa is mountain brook

By: Wtf
#4by:    

both great houses. kappa loves to have a good time and that makes them fun. phi mu does too but is more structured as in requirement of campus things and their grades do matter to them . phi mu has more diversity in where the girls are from nationwide. kappa is fun but there can be some snotty girls in there. phi mu cares more about appearance i think.

By: .
#5by:    

Both houses have pretty girls. Both have money.

Phi Mus do come off as more classy. They are more diverse. They get girls from everywhere. They are more involved on campus and have more of an internet presence.

Kappas are more blonde girl pretty. They rush girls from the South. They r MIA

By: Truth
by: Kappa Mu   

I disagree about Phi Mu’s being more classy. They’re a bunch of middle class pageant girls. Kappas are old money. They’re debutantes and socialites.

Way more money in the Kappa house than at Phi Mu.

Just look at the physical houses. Which one screams new money (hint: tacky white monstrosity) and which one looks like a rich family’s estate home?

By: Kappa Mu
by: Nope   

I don’t think of debutants when I think of Kappa. I think of basic blonde Southern girl. They are pretty but lack uniqueness.

By: Nope
by: KKG/PM   

The Phi Mu house is by far the tackiest on the row. It screams “new money” and first generation upper middle class.

Kappas are more generational wealth type girls. They don’t come across that way because that’s how truly rich people are. The whole quiet luxury thing.

By: KKG/PM
by: Truth   

Physical house really doesn’t matter. Houses are more judged by the girls inside. If ur argument is a house is better bc of the physical house exterior….u got nothing. It’s the lamest reason for a house being better.

Kappas r basic not quiet luxury. There is a huge difference. Sofia Richie is quiet luxury. There is no way she’d be a kappa. She’d be AXO or xo.

By: Truth
#6by:    

I vote Kappa over PM in 2023

By: Molls
by: nah   

Kappa’s better than Phi Mu every year. 2023 is no different.

Phi Mu is just barely Old Row. They’re more like Old-ish Row.

By: nah
by: KKg   

Kappa’s a tier above Phi Mu. Better house for sure.

By: KKg
#7by:    

im sorry but if yall are being so honest and if you are on campus there are some really really not attractive kappas and very heavy ones too.....u can be mean about SR to PM but you prob need to look at your own pledge class, generally speaking PM has way more attractive girls as a whole. I would even say that when comparing my my pledge class. Have friends in PM and Kappa and both and they are all nice, some Kappas can be snotty though

By: 5678
by: Team kappa   

It’s not just looks it’s quality of girls. Kappa gets way more top top girls than Phi Mu. Phi Mu’s pledge classes have gotten progressively worse the past five years. PC23 was awful and Phi Mu is irrelevant.

By: Team kappa
#8by:    

I would rather be a Kappa over PM at Bama now. I just have my own reasons.

By: annie
#9by:    

they are both good if u want to party and not be involved on campus go kappa end of story if you want more of a structured sisterhood that will push you to grow pledge phi mu or something else its not really that deep and someone is damn obsessed over this pick a new topic

By: no one cares
#10by:    

Just sayin…Phi Mu’s have beautiful hair, big smiles like pageant queens and cute outfits but many have homely faces (too much make up) if you zoom in on Instagram. Some are really pretty tho

By: Nashville

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.