facebook

cob or formal rush help please :)

by: Confused

Hi! I am currently a second semester freshman at UA and since last August I wanted to Rush but couldn't due to scheduling issues and other things. The more I wait, the more I want to be in a sorority but I have decided that I will rush in August 2014 (I'll feel more confident doing formal rush). By then I will be a second semester sophomore classified as a junior (graduated HS May 2012, will be 20 years old). I might graduate in December 2016 or May 2017, depending on my credits and all that stuff (So, I would have 2.5 or 3 years left at Bama). I REALLY want to rush. I have good grades (3.49 GPA) but I am definitely willing to do way better since I will be an UC (dean's list, etc.) I have a lot of friends and I'm involved on campus, I won't have a problem with recs, in fact I have some good connections to SEC Alumnae, and also have some friends in sororities here. Should I do COB in the Spring? I would love to do formal recruitment and start from the very beginning but some friends ask me if I have considered doing COB? What should I do?
Thanks y'all!

Posted By: Confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: RTR   

No question, you are going to have a tough time pledging as a junior. Excellent grades will help, good activities - but the main thing is friends within chapters who will advocate for you.

Look at it this way - these chapters have almost 2,000 freshmen to choose from. Why should they give a space to a woman who will only be in school 2 more years?

AFAIK, all the sororities will be eligible to pledge women during spring semester. Not all of them will choose to do so, or may only take a handful. The good news is that the ones doing COB who would be interested in you are the same ones who would be during the fall. So why wait to experience sorority life? I encourage you to sign up for spring COB. You've got nothing to lose - if you don't pledge, you can still do fall rush.

By: RTR
by: ConfusedDec 2, 2013 9:38:23 AM

Thank you so much! I understand perfectly. I was wondering if I need to get Rec Letters for COB?

By: Confused
by: @RTR replyDec 2, 2013 6:44:18 PM

She is very correct. You will have a really tough time as a junior. Unless your grades are perfect and you have personality to spare, I would go ahead and pull the trigger on COB. Good luck!!

By: @RTR reply
#2  by: Yes   

rec. letters are a good idea.

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.