facebook

spring rush fraternities

by:    

Which fraternities do spring rush here? I heard it is only the bad ones but depending on who you ask the consensus of "bad" changes.

Posted By: freshmam
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

No Old Row houses.
Sig Ep, Sig Tau, Phi Kap and a few others I'm pretty sure do Spring Rush. It's generally a lot more laid back of a pledgeship especially since those frats aren't crazy hazers.
If I were you I'd see about going to events and deciding whether you like the guys, don't just assume they're bad cause they rush spring.

By: Sophomore Greek
by: Exactly   

how recruitment should be, year-round. All groups nationally recruit throughout the year; it's just that here it's not really welcomed nor seen as a good thing for some reason

By: Exactly
#2by:    

The ideal of a "bad" fraternity is completely subjective. Every single person has a brotherhood that they belong in.

Anyways, if you want to rush spring and you're hoping for a more popular fraternity, your best bet would be to house hop around old row and get a feel for the different houses.

By: RowTad
#3by:    

at a school like Bama will have better facilities and such than top tier chapters at a lot of other schools. Bama has a stronger top to bottom Greek system than any other public university except maybe Ole Miss who have a lot less chapters, and probably the broadest group of powerful chapters anywhere. The top 15 or so chapters at Bama could probably all be top tier at most other big Greek schools including the SEC schools, and the next 10 would be middle tier at most big Greek schools, top tier at 2nd tier Greek schools, and dominantly above top at 3rd tier Greek schools.

By: Even "bad" chapters

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Facts   

I would agree top to bottom its hard to find any school better than Alabama, but getting into fraternties in other schools is more subjective than you think. Who you know, where you're from etc.

By: Facts
by: Wasn't really   

talking big public school Greek systems or wealthy old private school ones, more like regional state universities with old, but smaller, Greek systems, followed by all the super new Greek systems. More socially speaking and housing-wise than direct comparison of bid difficulty.

By: Wasn't really

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.