facebook

the north

by:    

I'm planning on attending UA next fall and I am going to go through recruitment. Coming from a mid-west (northern) state, I'm curious as to what recruitment will be like for me. I'm open to all sororities of course, new and old row. However, I am a double, technically triple if you count that, legacy at an old row house and if I did love it what are my chances receiving a bid from that house or any old row house? I understand it depends on GPA, personality, looks, etc. but can you give me details?

Posted By: A
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

DO NOT come on this site to look for helpful information. Most people posting on here are NOT current Greeks.

By: Do
#2by:    

Okay, so you need to ask your mom, sister or grandmother or whoever is still in the sorority to let the national hq know your are going through rush, this is the time to get your ducks in a row. At least have 3.0. Which sorority are your a legacy for? I heard phi mu drops legacies even ones with 4.0 gpas....

By: Go
#3by:    

Don't think that the sorority you're a legacy to HAS to take you. They probably have enough legacies coming through to fill two or three pledge classes. There are so many great girls coming through that they don't even have to invite you back for the second round.
Be sure you have two recs for each sorority. Make the very best grades you can in high school. Join some clubs and BE ACTIVE in them. Do some volunteer work. Work on your conversational skills. Be neat, clean, groomed well and thoughtfully dressed - you do not have to buy all Lily dresses and Tori Burch shoes! Dress in good taste and conservatively.

By: Listen

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

Being from the North is not a problem at Alabama. Heck, 60% of students are from out of state, with many from the North and West.
Just don't act like everything Southern is wrong and you know how to do everything better.

By: Truth
#5by:    

Being a legacy in some houses can and will hurt you... they have max quotas of legacies that they can take (set by nationals) DO NOT assume that because you are a legacy that you are a given. Wont happen.

By: Legacy
#6by:    

Hey fellow northerner. I totally feel your pain...I'm from the north and was totally stressed out going through rush. Do not be worried...you will meet girls from all across the country. California, Florida, Texas, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon....You name it. I had no problem during rush, just be aware of cultural differences. Just remember when in doubt, go with the more conservative option. I had the max number of houses everyday and got my first choice on bid day. You will be fine as long as you have good grades, a clean social media record, and a good personality! Good luck!

By: same situation
#7by:    

You might find you like new row better without all the southern social pressures of old row. Just go with what you feel is the best fit for you. I bet you end up liking new row better.

By: new row

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.