facebook

jbo video

by:    

I'm sure everyone watched the video Dr Bonner sent out. I'm glad she said that UA sororities had a substantial number of minority students prior to the COB process. I wish she would've stated this earlier though, as the CW and other media made it sound like all Pan sororities are 100% white, which was not true. Also I'm glad to see she felt NPHC was not integrated as they are all or nearly all made up of African American members. She said this is an area that seriously needs to change. But much like the fact about Pan sororities not being all white before COB, the fact that NPHC sororities are all African American should have been stated in one of her videos before now and the CW should def have brought attention to this too.

According to JBo 200 bids were given out during the COB process. 23 were offered to minority students with 14 of those being African Americans students. 12 of the 14 accepted. I didn't even realize 200 were extended! The sororities are all so huge now it's hard to keep track of which girls are in which sorority!
AXO, AOPi and AGD all have African American pledges now. Which other Pan sororities have African American girls now?

Also all IFC presidents here had to sign some contract saying they are committed to getting more African Am. members. JBo also said all IFC houses at UA have minority members. What is she considering a minority to be?
Interesting press release by the school but not a lot of details included in the examples stated

Posted By: Strat Life
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Can't wait for my inbox to start blowing up with e-mails from JBo saying she's playing Celebrating Acheivements for this one. She will be playing it all day everyday for this occasion I'm sure.

By: PearlGirl
#2by:    

Which fraternities have black members? She said 7 in the video.

By: Hmm
by: Yes   

You are so right. And for the "7" fraternities, I've personally only seen two with black members that are recognized by the IFC and that's Sig Ep and Sigma Tau. No idea on the others.

By: Yes
#3by:    

Lambda Sigma Phi

By: Found one

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

Just because YOU have not seen black members of a fraternity doesn't mean there are NO members who are minoirity.

By: Minor

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.