facebook

Alabama is overrated

by:    

Just wanted to say that Alabama is pretty overrated. Y’all say you have the best Greek life, but I would say it goes 1. Illinois 2. Ole Miss 3. Alabama 4. Texas Tech 5. Penn St. Most of y’all are pretty fake-looking and dumber than a box of rocks. I’m sure most of you went to Alabama for it’s Greek life because apart from that and football, y’all don’t offer anything noteworthy lol. That usually is the case for most of the big southern schools; if you are hot and solely want to party, you will probably go to a southern school with big Greek life and football. However, if people want their college experience to be more academically focused, less fake, and chill they will come to a good northern school. That’s just how it is. Also, in big northern schools most people in Greek life know how to party, and their girls are attractive without having to spray paint their faces orange lol. You don’t even have the best school in Greek life, but y’all spend the most time worrying about your social status and ranks. I mean look at how many posts y’all have on Greek Rank; you may be the most active school on this site lol

Posted By: Illinois
Page 2 of 3
#11by:    

Alabama proving that you are the most active on this site lol. I saw that you guys were, so I decided to troll you. I did not expect to get 20 replies though! :O I don’t even go to Illinois. Y’all needed a massive ego check, so you’re welcome

By: OP
#12by:    

this guy definitely sent this thread to his bottom tier frat house groupme for the likes

By: come on
by: hehe   

i genuinely came bc the campus felt so at home and every other campus felt nothing like it

By: hehe
#13by:    

I’m from Texas and Tech isn’t even #4 in Texas in terms of Greek Life.

By: TX girl
#14by:    

Upvote this if the main reason you came to Alabama was for academics. Downvote this if the main reason you came to Alabama was for Greek life & football.

By: word
by: $$$$   

Came for the Presidential Scholarship. No regrets. RMFT.

By: $$$$
by: op   

^That's valid asf

By: op
by: oop   

i mean i’m from far OOS and as soon as i stepped on campus i felt at home. i toured all the big 10 schools and some eastern area schools and nothing wowed me as much as bama. i knew it was the place i needed to be, and everyone was so welcoming and nice. southern charm IS REAL!! the people are truly so great and i immediately felt so welcomed wherever i went and everyone here is just so proud and happy that you joined the community. i LOVED the vibe walking around tuscaloosa. genuinely i’ve never been somewhere full of people with as much love and spirit for their school as the university of alabama. the only place where you say roll tide and EVERYONE will yell roll tide back at you, and you never go somewhere without smiles and hellos from every single person you pass. there is truly nothing like it. i got goose bumps the first time i stepped on campus, and i continue to get goosebumps everyday thinking about how much pride i have for alabama and going to school at the greatest place in the country. coming from a midwest born and raised gal💞

By: oop
#15by:    

Alabama is poor ngl

By: Djn
#16by:    

Bump

By: Bro
#17by:    

Who cares about Illinois?

By: Lol
#18by:    

Hate to break it to you but UICU isn’t known for much outside of engineering and an engineering degree from Alabama goes just as far. You’re not MIT or even Georgia Tech-pipe down.

By: Rt
by: OP   

First of all, not even close to true. A degree from Illinois is much more respected than an Alabama one, even if it’s not engineering. Second of all, an engineering degree from Alabama does not go nearly as far lmao. Third, y’all are still commenting on this post, just showing how butt hurt you are by what I said lol

by: smh   

The average starting salary for Illinois engineering graduates is nearly $20k more than Alabama engineering graduates. Wdym. This is in the same ballpark as Georgia Tech's. MIT obviously has a higher average starting salary.

By: smh
#19by:    

I got into UIUC’s honors college and still decided not to go because, even as an Illinois resident, it made very little sense financially. I’m paying nothing for tuition at Alabama and am still going to earn the same degree as any UIUC student. People pick their colleges with a variety of different criteria in mind. There’s no reason to come on this site and bash people for their choice of college when you don’t know the whole story.

By: Illinois Resident
by: OP   

I’m not bashing people for their choice in college. If you are insecure about what college you picked though than that is your problem lol

#20by:    

@OP why are you so pressed? Get off our site if all you’re gonna do is hate on us and call us dumb. It shows how immature you are. People go to different schools for different reasons, and our decision to go here is none of your concern. Imagine having the time to go start beef with other schools for absolutely no reason at all. Grow up lol. Friendly advice, if you have this much time on your hands maybe you should get a job or internship or something and actually do something productive with your time/further your career instead of posting hate about people just because we have different opinions than you :)

By: Confused

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.