facebook

sae - true gentlemen of ua

by:    

SAE is def the most powerful and prestigious house at UA. Unlike DKE, these boys have honor and uphold the traditions at UA. They do not let their house get ruined by Yankees and new money like DKE is. I know we can count on these boys to always be gentlemen and to uphold the old way, and the best way, which is why UA is one of the last living institutions of the old south. Thank you boys for never backing down like DKE has dishonorably done. SAE makes UA so proud. Love, an old row sweetheart.

Posted By: OldRowBelle
Page 2 of 3
#11by:    

Agreed, I have so much respect for SAE, as always, yet I feel DKE has not stepped it up like they've done before. The boys in DKE now, especially the juniors, are selfish and don't care about the traditions and history of this school. Have they forgotten that these very things have allowed them to become what they are? This is why they aren't what they use to be, because they have disrespected all if it. But someone else will take their place. SAE has always run this state with DKE, but now SAE is doing it all. Thank you SAE for picking up DKEs slack! SAE has made mistakes, but even so, they haven't forgotten who they are and what their made of. We love SAE!

By: Firstcirclelady
#12by:    

What fantasies!

By: Hah!
#13by:    

I'm from the northeast (Yankee) and yes I am strong supporter of UA traditions, and do not like the changes taken place recently. Stop lumping us all together, are all southerners the same, no.

If you ask me the problem started with the prestige of Alabama football. By having one of the best ranked teams the last few years Alabama saw an influx of applicants ( from the north and west coast) who would of never have before applied to go here if the school wasn't so good in Football. 4 kids my graduation year applied to Alabama, no one from my school ever went here until my freshmen year. Now I hear every year kids applying to Alabama from back home. Until this trend dies, because Alabama admissions will not turn away OOS easily, this school will have more and more OOS telling Alabamaians how to run their greek life.

A real catch-22 isn't it...

By: The Problem
by: Southerngirl    

As a southerner, I agree with you completely and appreciate your respect and understanding of our history and tradition.

By: Southerngirl
#14by:    

This OP is an SAE and most of the comments are by SAE's. Quit making anonymous commentary about yourselves. .Thanks. Try'in to get in the news.

By: Big Shag
#15by:    

DKE is still the best house at UA, but they are not elite anymore. Hard to say whether that happened because of too many legacies or arrogance, or just because it was too much to expect for them to be the best for so long.

SAE is a great, proud house and will continue to be near the top despite recent problems.

Blaming northerners makes us into powerless victims.

Not recruiting the elite Yankees is strategically idiotic -- there are 20 to 50 kids in each of the last 2 pledge classes that are GREAT and some of our smartest, coolest, funniest, toughest, most loyal pledges are Yankees.

By: Herder
by: News flash   

DKE has never been that elite. KA and SAE used to be the fraternities where the football players pledged. DKE's always been where the Mobile guys pledged.
But it's OK...all Alabama frats are full of drunk scuzzbags with a few good guys here and there.

By: News flash
#16by:    

yawn

By: Um
#17by:    

DKE has always been and will always be a great Old Row house. Their boys are some of the most gentlemanly, well brought up boys I have met at this school. SAE needs to cool it

By: False

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#18by:    

The comments supporting SAE are clearly by the same person. If you're gonna post then at least space out your posts

By: LOL
by: Ok   

Even if it's written by one person, it doesn't change the fact that it may be true, the dke part not the sae part.

By: Ok
by: Clearly    

Clearly there's no way to prove this since all posts are anonymous. And regardless if someone thinks SAE has to carry DKEs slack or if another house has to, most can agree the DKE now is not what it once was. There are some very wonderful guys in DKE, but unfortunately there are also a lot of guys who are anything but that. A few years ago a lot of them wouldn't have been offered bids. DKE today has a lot of cry babies and entitled brats. DKEs have always been thought of as arrogant but at least they use to be humbled and honored to be a DKE and part of UA's rich tradition. Now only a few are like this and most aren't. Hopefully DKE will learn soon that their status was not just given to them, it was earned over centuries. Why someone wouldn't want to continue on with this is beyond me. DKE didn't use to run things just because they decided in their own minds they were the best, instead it's because they actually use to get stuff done.

By: Clearly
#19by:    

Sae is def the best

By: Yah
#20by:    

There is no way any of this can be serious. If so, UA has far bigger problems than they realize.

By: There is no way

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.