facebook

cob

by: Transfer

Okay so I'm transferring in the spring as a sophomore and I really want to go Greek. I try to talk to a bunch of my friends about the COB process but nobody is really helping. I'm just kind of curious how it works and if by the time I go will I still be able to join a sorority.

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Here's how   

Understand that only a few sororities will participate in the spring. It's just the ones that have openings, and usually there are only a few. Those spots often go to friends of members.
You sign up in the Greek Life office, or go to their website, greekaffairs.ua.edu. It should be in their website (or panhellenic's - uapanhellenic.com). Call the Greek Affairs office if necessary.
Once you sign up, your name and contact info is placed on a list that is available for the sororities to choose from. But they don't have to even look at the list.
You may get a call from a sorority member inviting you to lunch or dinner at the house, or to go to a member's apartment to watch TV, or hang out with a group and go bowling...there are no parties like in formal recruitment. It's all very casual.
The sorority may or may not invite you to join. There are no deadlines or requirements.
If you do get a bid, you usually have a certain period of time in which to think about it - probably 24 hours.
If you decide not to accept a bid, you can sign up for fall 2014 formal recruitment.

By: Here's how
by: ActuallyOct 11, 2013 10:46:09 AM

I heard a lot of houses are doing cob thanks to the chapter total going to 360

By: Actually
#2  by: Well then   

You know it all. What are you still doing here? Get out and spread your knowledge to the nations!

By: Well then

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.