facebook

axo

by:    

Next year, I plan on transferring to UA from SMU where Alpha Chi is just kind of average, but I've heard its one of the top sororities at Al. If I'm very involved and make good grades, what are the chances of them accepting me into alpha chi there? thanks!

Posted By: Transfer
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

you an alpha chi?

By: are

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Transfer   

Yes

By: Transfer
#2by:    

Sororities can have slightly different policies on this situation. Your best bet is to contact your national headquarters to ask them what their policy is and go from there.

By: hey
#3by:    

If you joined a chapter and initiated at school #1, you will become an alumna when you leave. Upon arrival at school #2, if they have a chapter of your sorority, you will be eligible to affiliate. By eligible, I mean it is possible, not an absolute instant guarantee.

Assuming you're a member in good standing, you'll notify the new chapter and they'll let you know where to go from there. Policies vary by sorority and by chapter, but generally, you'll hang out with your sisters a bit. You'll get to know them, they'll get to know you, you'll decide if you want to affiliate, and the chapter will vote on you.

Some chapters do not accept transfers at all. These are in the minority, and are generally "top tier" chapters at schools where Greek Life is a big deal. Some chapters have a lengthy and formal process akin to a second recruitment, where they have a lot of prospective transfers.

Make sure you want to affiliate with your new chapter. They might be completely different than your chapter of initiation and unlike what you are looking for in a sorority. If you affiliate, you don't get a chance to change your mind and go early alum before graduating if you decide you don't like them. You'll be financially bound the rest of college.

By: ok

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.