facebook

why doesn't sdt participate in rush?

by:    

Why doesn't SDT participate in rush? And why is this school bringing more houses onto this campus instead of helping a group that is already here?

Sorry if this is mainstream knowledge. I'm just a freshman so I'm curious.

Posted By: curious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

me too

By: +1
#2by:    

Imagine being a sorority member and finding 70 or 80 PNMS on your doorstep. There are 20 in your sorority. Is each of you going to take 4 PNMs each? Who starts the bump groups? Who serves the beverage? And you're operating out of a small living room. No room to stand, much less sit.

That's one reason.

Why not go out and MEET and actual SDT and ask her? IF SDT is interested in expanding, and IF their housing can handle expanding (I figure they eventually DO want to return to this side of campus), I think it would be great to host a Panhellenic recruitment event especially for them, to help them find and pledge new members and expand their chapter.

It's rare, but it has happened on other campi.

By: Umagine

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: what   

should I do, just show up at their door? Or randomly stop someone on campus and ask? That'd be kind of awkward, wouldn't it? I haven't seen any around campus in a setting where I could approach them.

By: what
by: Uh   

They have a Facebook page. Check it out for their COB events.

By: Uh
by: Umagine   

Here's their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pages/Sigma-Delta-Tau-Rho-Chapter-at-the-Un iversity-of-Alabama/477926885614759
Their house is over on new Fraternity row, kind of close to the parking garage.

By: Umagine
#3by:    

so much for answering my questions, I guess it does make sense. I was able to pledge a sorority I'm happy with on bid day, but I was curious about SDT due to not knowing much about them.

I do hope that the panhellenic community will be able to come together and help them recruit members so that they can come back. I'm not sure what the proper way of going about that would be, but I would imagine it would be very similar to starting a new sorority from scratch...in that case don't alumni and sisters from other schools come and pick people? I guess I was thinking that it'd be nice if the panhellenic community could support something like that because I really do feel bad that they're so small and having a hard time recruiting from what I read on here. I think all the chapters should be supported, especially if they are struggling.

By: thanks
#4by:    

Have sisters from another chapter come and help them? Or maybe their national doesn't want to spend the money?? Seems like a shame.

By: Could they
by: IDK   

Considering that they've never been closed, I think it's fair to say their national gives them a lot of support. Sometimes you just have to do what works best for your chapter.

SDT at Texas is very similar - small chapter that lost their house a while back and usually only COBs. This year they tried formal for the first time in years and ended up with about as many girls as the chapter here did doing informal.

Unfortunately, what chapters like these are up against are immature college girls who are too wrapped up in the tier mentality to give them a chance.

By: IDK
#5by:    

Would it be better for them to close for a couple of years and then come back?

By: Hm
by: I think   

No, it would not help. Two years would not be enough. And this changer - a single letter chapter - prides itself on not closing during its entire life.
I really don't think there's any need for them to close.

By: I think
by: I think   

So sorry, I meant "this chapter," not "this changer."

By: I think
#6by:    

I like the idea of some of the other sororities on campus volunteering to help them with a special recruitment. I am sure that there are still a bunch of girls out there that would love to pledge a sorority. Then perhaps as they grow with a larger group they can participate in Rush in future years. There are so many girls that go through Rush...Bama could use another sorority....especially one that already exists.

By: like
by: agree   

couldn't agree more!

By: agree
by: Yes   

This would be Great

By: Yes
by: suggestion   

I'm a guy, but you girls should bring this up to Panhellenic

By: suggestion
by: ????   

It would also help if you girls in sororities and guys in fraternities would stop being so hateful to houses that you think are "lower ranked," since tons of girls drop out so they won't be in a loser house.

By: ????

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.