facebook

still going on?

by:    

OK, I signed up for COB and I haven't heard anything. Now I don't know if I did the right thing because I'm not African American or anything. So, was the COB thing also for white girls that wanted to be in sororities? I wouldn't want to be in one of the really low ones if they're the only ones that are still at it. I would take one in the middle if that's all that's available right now though. So do I need to do something else or is all the excitement over?

Posted By: COB
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

What ones do you consider "bottom" and "middle"

By: Curious
#2by:    

You're doing COB... Consider yourself lucky if you even get into a "bottom" sorority.

By: Uhm
#3by:    

YOU have a really bad attitude. Good LUCK getting invited to any sorority. Every sorority is great at Alabama. Football season is a blast especially when in a sorority. Hope that you find a fit so that you don't feel so left out and alone.

By: Hmm
#4by:    

I think most houses are pretty much finished with COB. If you get into one, it'll be a "bottom" house.

By: Yeah
#5by:    

So if no one has called me about COB am I just out of luck?

By: @yeah
#6by:    

Often in COB cases girls who get bids are girls the sorority already knows-friends/roommates of the new members, girls they remember and liked from formal recruitment, or friends of the older members.

By: COB
#7by:    

You WOULD take a middle one?! Holy hell. That is the worst attitude I've ever heard. You don't deserve to be in a sorority. I hope you don't get a call back. But I guess if you got a "lowly" house "undeserving" of your "awesomeness," you prob wouldn't take it anyway

By: WHAT
by: mm   

They should tell you when you would receive a bid if you do. If not, I would wait maybe a week. There's a lot that goes into picking whether or not someone is qualified for the house and everyone (or a committee) has to vote as well. It's easier for houses to do that at chapter, which could be any day of the week. Say your events was Monday, maybe they don't have chapter till Sunday. You may not find out until Tuesday, etc.

By: mm
#8by:    

I also am participating in COB, and just wondering, how long would someone have to wait after going to a COB event to find out if they got a bid or not? the next day? a few days?

By: question
by: question   

Sorry to bring a different question on here again but: Will homecoming this weekend interfere with handing out COB bids? What I mean is, would houses delay handing out COB bids until after homecoming b/c of all the events that they have to prepare for? I don't really know what sororities do for homecoming but I guess it would kind of be hard for a brand new member to catch up if she hasn't been there to prepare/practice/etc the whole time. I'm just a little concerned because even though it hasn't been a week since the event I went to, I'm still a little concerned about not hearing back yet.

By: question
#9by:    

It's no wonder you haven't been asked back. Crappy attitude. Do you know nothing about the sororities at Alabama? They are all great with great girls which is why you haven't been asked back.

By: Pathetic

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#10by:    

I love all the people on here like #10, 8, 5, and 4 who are being critical of someone mentioning that we are brutal to people who are not in TOP sororities. We have raked poor girls like Gamma Phi, Theta, etc. over the coals for years -- just look at the brutal things that are written on their boards.

The original comment is our fault for the way we talk about houses on here. Not one person on here would ever say anything nice about the "lower" houses. Even on the comments praising the houses that took new AA members, if someone mentioned Gamma Phi people were brutal.

So jump all over me it you have to, but I think this is the kind of comment we encourage with our hateful comments about each other.

By: ha ha ha!
by: No   

I think you make an excellent point. This site is brutal and mean and keeps angry people busy.

By: No
by: exactly   

She's pretty honest about not being able to tell how sororities are ranked just by knowing the girls, but that she comes on here and sees some houses being made fun of and treated disrespectfully. I don't blame her for wanting to avoid that kind of treatment.

By: exactly

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.