facebook

african american's bid

by:    

I'm going crazy with the hateful posts on here about the African American PNMs that were not offered bids during formal recruitment. Some have come on now congratulating the sororities that have extended them bids as the "first" houses to do so. Others have pointed out the Gamma Phi was actually the first. So far, so good. Then it hits the fan.

First there are the people who say Gamma Phi had to bid an AA girl 10 years ago. If you look up the history, they WANTED to do it and were assured by the machine that it would not hurt their rep so they did. The machine was for it because it took the pressure off the other houses. After that year, though, they were sent to the bottom and have been kept there ever since. Their very open and accepting alums have tried -- they're even getting a great new house, but the bitter backlash has kept them on the receiving end of a boatload of hate since that day. I even read on here lies like the machine "made" them bid an AA girl then in exchange for swaps. Such a lie! They don't have great swaps. Have you not noticed???

Every time someone gives them the tiniest bit of credit, the rest of the mafia jump on them and remind everyone that they're a bottom group that couldn't even attract an AA PNM in formal recruitment this year.

Ladies, you simply can't change history. They gave bids to two AA women ten years ago. And NO ONE else has done it since, not my house, not yours. We should be embarrassed and we should congratulate Gamma Phi.

Posted By: First
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

11 years ago.
The CW was wrong.

By: 11
#2by:    

I've seen these posts too. In the scramble to deal with the new total, it seems like you're seeing the worst in every house. And they seem to blame Gamma Phi for everything -- even the congratulatory messages that people have written.

I don't get it. My sorority STILL hasn't done the right thing. We didn't even protest which makes me kind of sad. But I'm even sadder to see all the backlash for the President trying to make houses do what's right and what they should have been willing to do 10 or 11 years ago.

I have a three friends that are Gamma Phis and they are not looking for any credit or congrats. They're really a bit weary with all the race hype. After sitting at the bottom of the pack for all those years, just because they did the right thing has got to wear on them. But as one of them said, if they'd had a chance at those girls, they would have gone for them even though they would have been excoriated, not praised like AOII has been.

I compeletely admire that kind of women of principal.

By: not the point @above
#3by:    

Consider what you are dealing with on this site. It is nothing but hate, hate, hate, and more hate. Competition comes to mind. Inadequacy comes to mind. Fear, acceptance, peer pressure and a boatload of other emotions. Go with your gut and stay true to your house and sisters. Forget what the losers say on this site. Forget the cowardly machine. Forget it all. March forward and stay true to yourselves. That is ALL you need. Go Gamma Phi Beta.

By: ~~~
#4by:    

Wow, this weekend all eyes will be watching our fan base at the CSU game-lets see who is cheering for our multiracial team! Go greek life!

By: Sage
#5by:    

This is really starting to sound like someone from Gamma Phi Beta (who will swear up and down that they aren't and are in another sorority) is the one all over this site trying to praise their sorority, patting themselves on the back for something that they did over 10 years ago. Fine Ok...you are doing a great job trying to portray your sorority as a group that sacrificed and sacrificed. You are beating this into the ground. Your sorority needs to move forward and stop trying to convince everyone how you all are martyrs. We get it. But you are starting to make your sorority come across in an unfavorable light. Be proud of what your sorority did...but stop constantly embarrassing them with your never ending lectures while at the same time being critical of other sororities. Even if you are just a troll or in another sorority, you are embarrassing the very sorority that you are trying to praise.

By: Seriously

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

Ok Gamma Phi Beta. You are starting to drive everyone crazy. Stop embarrassing your sorority.

By: Originial Poster
#7by:    

meanwhile the rest of the country laughs at you backwards hicks for still having segregation. It's ok, we always knew no one in alabama wanted jim crow to end

By: thabe331
#8by:    

I totally agree! I can't believe mean spirited people are taking yet another opportunity to cut Gamma Phi down for being the only sorority that did the right thing years ago. It's just making y'all look even worse.

By: Me

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.