facebook

dropping my house

by: embarrassed

I've completely had it. I had no idea that all this was going on. I have met one of the AA girls that didn't get a bid. I don't know her whole resume but she was beautiful, well spoken, and fun. I assumed she got a bid from another top house until this story broke.

Now that I've read how my house handled the whole controversy, I'm dropping out prior to initiation so that I can make another choice next year. By the way, I'm not the only one. It's all the new member classes can talk about.

Posted By: embarrassed
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Lol   

Haha well good luck with that. Your chances of getting accepted by another sorority as a sophomore+ are slim to none.

By: Lol
#2  by: Really?   

Had no idea "all this was going on" yet say that this is all the new member classes are talking about? You are contradicting yourself. Are you really a new member? I doubt that because you would realize how hard the actives are trying to do the right thing and encouraging change within their greek organizations for the better. Why not be part of the change?

By: Really?
#3  by: So...   

you're hoping you can make another choice? There were plenty of girls who were releases without any choice. What makes you so sure you'll avoid that?

By: So...
by: wellSep 17, 2013 3:22:50 PM

maybe she could go Gamma Phi, although I predict they will have a banner year next year because people are seeing them in a different light now.

By: well
#4  by: Good   

It's good that you can stick to your morals when others can't. Keep up the good work.

By: Good
#5  by: well   

My new member class isn't and our majority is OOS, so...

By: well
#6  by: OK   

Why not stay and change your sorority? Cause I doubt you'll be offered a bid next year unless you're the most awesomely awesome sophomore evah.

By: OK
by: YeahSep 17, 2013 12:52:31 AM

You can drop and do your own thing, which is principled in a manner, or you can do the really tough thing, stick around and fight to make your sorority what you want it to be even in the face of all the critics. Your life and your choice certainly, but it's people like you who can make the choice to fix what's broken in Bama's Greek life or jump ship to avoid criticism.

By: Yeah
#7  by: lol   

I find it humorous that the elitism continues in light of what has happened. Probably the happiest people on campus are non-Greek. They decided it wasn't worth the vicious rat race and all the back stabbing. Greeks need to wake up and understand that how they present themselves as a whole is the opinion people form.

By: lol
#8  by: Greek System   

Everything you know is about to change. Thank god I withdrew.

By: Greek System
#9  by: Bump   

bump

By: Bump
#10  by: Bump   

bump

By: Bump

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.