facebook

new fraternities.....

by: e..

Can anyone give me some insight to the "newer" fraternities? I dont mean the old row vs. new row stuff. I know many of them take OOS guys and thats ok with me. Which ones are "ok"...which ones should really be avoided. Do any of them have swaps and good parties?

Posted By: e..
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Alabama    

This is Alabama, there aren't really any bad houses. And just because you are out of state this is not necessarily a bad thing. I think people get OOS confused with being out of the south. If you are from the south you won't have an issue with where you are originally from. If you are from up north you will experience some challenges as some houses won't take you, but this is mostly just old row. Even if you are from up north you can still find a house you fit in at.
Theta chi is a very strong new row house, maybe even more so than some old row houses. Beta Theta Pi is good too and has a good location and generous alum. Chi phi is coming up the ranks fast and girls like them because of their parties. But You should contact rush chairs if you are interested in joining a fraternity this fall.

By: Alabama
#2  by: Rush week   

ATO, DTD and DX are all good houses

By: Rush week
#3  by: Guy   

Beta is like the 6th best new row house, DTD is like the 8th or 9th best, and ATO isn't even backed, though they'd probably be good if they were.

By: Guy
#4  by: e..   

what about Delta Sig, Sigma Pi, Phi Kappa Psi and some of the smaller houses?

By: e..
by: I'd guess thatAug 21, 2013 1:12:45 PM

you could have a good experience anywhere, but if you want the seal of good housekeeping then rush an affiliated house:

Top: DKE, SAE

Great: KA, EN

Almost Great: Phi Gam, OX, SX, PIKE, DX, Pi Kapp

Good: Phi Delt, DTD, LXA, Beta, ZBT, KE

By: I'd guess that
by: Reads Aug 21, 2013 2:11:28 PM

Like KA or SN wrote it. They really shouldn't be in a separate category from the next 6, and Theta Chi is probably better than either house. Some of the others arguably are too.

By: Reads
by: TruthAug 21, 2013 4:34:18 PM

DKE

SAE, OX, KA
Phi Gam, PIKE, DX

Pi Kapp, Phi Delt, SX

Rest Irrelevant

By: Truth
by: ^Aug 21, 2013 5:18:55 PM

Not quite, sorry.

By: ^
#5  by: e.   

So you are saying that all of the "other" ones are Irrelevant. I get that but if there was one that I was interested in...the question is.....do the "irrelevant" ones still have swaps and social events and with who?

By: e.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.