facebook

if you make it to bid day, do you get a bid?

by:    

Hi all! I will be attending Bama fall of '14. What I want to know is if you get to Bid Day, do you automatically get a bid? Like, would you get cut beforehand? I'm just imaging someone standing in the stadium with an empty envelope! Thanks!

Posted By: Hoping for a Bid
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

This is part of the letter that Greek Affairs sent to PNM's and parents on 8/16:

"Additionally, it is important to note that only potential new members who maximize their options, meaning they attend all of their parties throughout the week and list all of the chapters that they attended during the Preference Round are guaranteed to receive a bid for membership during formal recruitment. If your student did not maximize her options, it is possible she may be called by her Sigma Rho Chi tomorrow morning as a result of her release from recruitment. "

Just get those rec letters in early and go through recruitment with an open mind. All of the houses have something to offer (no matter what people say here or other places) so take it all in and judge for yourself. Good luck!

By: justwentthroughrush
by: Hoping for a Bid   

Thank you! I don't have a specific house in mind- I'm going in with a totally open mind! I was just worried that if I went all the way through the week then got to Bid Day at the stadium that I would have an empty envelope without a bid! Thanks!

By: Hoping for a Bid
#2by:    

No one actually goes to the stadium without a bid. Calls are made that morning if you have been "released" from recruitment. If you pass through the Bryant-Denny gates on Bid Day, one of the Houses has extended a bid to you.

Work on those grades and work/volunteer experience, put your social resume together, and get your rec letters in early. Then show up and enjoy every minute if you can...and maximize your options at every single round.

By: justwentthroughrush
#3by:    

Bid day success unless you get a call

By: yep

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.