anyone with under a 3.0 left

by:    

i was released completely. i had a 2.74
i just wanted to see how all the other grade risks are doing in rush

Posted By: gpa
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I'm sorry.
Yes, your grades are a problem. Study hard, make great grades, get involved in a couple of things, try again.
You're still at Alabama, so life is good - RTR!

By: Oh
#2by:    

Hey: THings might seem like they suck right now, but it will get better. Focus on academics this fall, and don't come across as bitter for getting cut. You will probably be making some good friends with girls on your hall who did pledge. Once you have a college GPA, your high school GPA doesn't matter that much. Some houses will end up doing Spring recruitment due to girls dropping/graduating.
There are a WHOLE LOT of things to do at Bama, so also get involved and meet some people.

By: hang in there...
#3by:    

I have a high school 2.3 and I preffed at 2 houses. I have no idea how that happened, I consider myself very blessed. So sorry you were released and best of luck to you.

By: grade risk
by: How on earth   

LOL wow good luck

By: How on earth
by: really   

I think your grades are below the national soroity requirements?
what houses may i ask?

By: really
by: grade risk   

I have very high ACT/SAT scores and a legitimate reason for why my GPA is so low. So that may have helped? I'd rather not mention the houses by name, but I like them very much.

By: grade risk
by: PProbably   

Alpha Phi. They seem to never take the girls with the good gpas and opt for the grade risks bc they're supposedly "fun"

By: PProbably
by: Listen   

Nothing wrong with Alpha Phi. This young lady may have special connections to the two groups that preffed her.

By: Listen
by: MJ   

UA admits a 2.3 GPA? Wow!

By: MJ
#4by:    

She did say she had a legitimate reason for the low GPA. Not to be too personal in my speculation, but she could have had a serious illness or something like that at one point in high school that contributed. Maybe her rec writers made that clear and chapters evaluated her more on her high test scores, which can actually tell more about someone's academic abilities since scores aren't inflated like a lot of GPAs are. And agreed -- nothing wrong with Alpha Phi. I know great girls who have pledged them. There's nothing wrong with any Bama sororities. They all have a lot to offer.

By: Plus
#5by:    

Bumppppp

By: Bump

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.