facebook

sorority tiers - the truth

by: Ridiculous

Just because you keep posting that PM and AXO are the very top doesn’t make it true. They are strong and consistently have successful recruitments but so do many others: Kappa, DDD, XO, Adpi, Zeta, AGD.... etc. all of these sororities get the girls they want and don’t give out snap bids. There is nothing wrong with snaps or any of the other groups but the above mentioned sororities are consistently wanted by PNMs.

Posted By: Ridiculous
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Not ADPi or ZTA   

If you do spring recruitment, you’re not as strong as the others. It doesn’t mean that these are weak houses ( PM did spring recruitment for a few years and it did tarnish their reputation for a bit but once they got in their house, they were able to keep their numbers up). It just means these houses historically do not get the same support as the strongest houses and they get their girls.

By: Not ADPi or ZTA
#2  by: ehh   

Phi Mu, ADPi and Zeta have all done COB and spring recruitment. Your not a top house of you have to resort to those tactics - it means enough girls either didn’t have those houses as top on their pref card or those houses had too many drop out.

By: ehh
by: YepJul 21, 2019 5:55:05 PM

^^this right here, folks. XO, KD, DDD, AXO, Kappa, AGD- No spring recruits or COB. They get it done with formal recruitment.

All the others have done COB or Spring recruitment to get their house totals up.

By: Yep
by: XOXOJul 21, 2019 6:13:59 PM

XO did spring recruitment in 2018.

By: XOXO
by: XOJul 21, 2019 6:52:26 PM

They had a girl from fall recruitment who couldn’t get initiated in the fall ( I think she went from full time to part time rather than ruin her GPA and took the class over later?). They carried her over- she was still considered a NM because she wasn’t an active.

By: XO
by: psychoJul 21, 2019 8:03:12 PM

How big of a psycho stalker are you to know that XO had one spring pledge? This site is for CRAZIES.

No one does spring rush for one girl, so obviously there was a backstory.

Do you keep count of every house and how many COBs they offer or girls they take in the spring? You must be fun at parties.

By: psycho
by: NJul 21, 2019 10:33:59 PM

Guess we know there is one xo stalker here

By: N
#3  by: Factual Info   

Just because you say it on Greek Rank doesn’t make it true. I just went to the Spring Grades reports for the last two l years.

2019 - Zeta, Theta, DZ, GPhi, Aphi and SK took spring recruits
2018 - Chi O, DG Theta, PiPhi, DZ, Zeta and Aphi took spring recruits

By: Factual Info
by: ummmmJul 23, 2019 1:14:51 PM

Look at 2014 Spring grade report. The following houses recruited in the Spring:

Alpha Chi Omega

Delta Delta Delta

Phi Mu

Kappa Kappa Gamma

just sayin'

By: ummmm
by: @hmJul 23, 2019 2:15:22 PM

Not sure why you felt the need to go all the way back to Spring 2014 to research which houses had new members in the spring, but since you did, why did you only list those 4 OR houses, but not list that KD had 6 new members that semester, more than any of the others?

TBH, I was still in HS back then, but I doubt any of the OR houses did spring recruitment. Given the low numbers (AXO 3, DDD 2, KKG 2, PM 3), I think those were pledges who didn’t make grades to be initiated and had to wait until second semester, not new spring pledges. All the NR house numbers were larger, except ZTA, who had 1.

By: @hm
by: Times have changedJul 23, 2019 5:25:31 PM

Most sororities initiate prior to first semester ending, therefore, making grades is no longer a requirement for initiation. Those were spring new members.

By: Times have changed
by: .Jul 23, 2019 5:39:43 PM

I believe that was when sororities were forced to integrate. So that was a unique situation.

By: .
by: YesJul 23, 2019 6:50:31 PM

Above comment is correct. Unusual situation relating to integration and long overdue!

By: Yes
#4  by: Please   

KD gave snap bids for years. They’ve done well the last two years but before that they were queens of the snaps.

By: Please
by: Also Jul 21, 2019 7:39:14 PM

DDD also has given snap bids

But I still find this dumb . Top sororities are still top regardless of what they did once or a few times.

By: Also
by: AllJul 21, 2019 8:41:25 PM

Give me a break! Every single house has given snap bids!! It happens. Not very often for OR, but it does happen once and a while. Don’t get your hopes up, thought, PNMs. For OR, it is pretty rare. And sometimes there is a back story. It’s not all random.

By: All
by: AndJul 21, 2019 9:40:30 PM

Snap bids and spring recruitment are two very different things.

By: And
by: SnapsJul 22, 2019 8:17:29 PM

The back story is needing to push a reputation for being elite and exclusive to the point of cutting too many girls and having to scramble to make quota.

By: Snaps
#5  by: Fact   

DDD has not given snap bids.

By: Fact

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.