facebook

pref night

by:    

To all the sorority girls, which ones did y'all put down on pref night and which one did you actually end up in?

Posted By: Curious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

personally i would only rank the houses that you could see yourself joining. if you rank them all then drop you just took the spot of a girl who may have really wanted a spot in that sorority but they had to drop her because of quota.

By: good luck
by: not   

That is not the advice your Rho Chi will give you. You need to list them all and you will be guaranteed a bid. Hopefully when you get to that point, the houses you have left are ones you can see yourself in. If you get a bid from a house and it doesn't work out, you do not have to formally pledge.

By: not
by: Bigsis   

No, it's not the advice Rho Chis will give. But if you can get past the "I'm too good for Sigma Shy", and be honest, and you decide that if you really, truly would be miserable in Sigma Shy, then leave them off, because odds are that's where you'll wind up.
Realize though, that not listing every potential group will keep you from being a quota addition or getting a snap bid if things go sour at the end.

By: Bigsis
#2by:    

I preffed DZ, ZETA, and AOII. I ended up in my first choice out of those three!

By: sorority girl

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

It's my opinion that everything will work out if you want it to. But you have to desire a sisterhood or you won't have one.

Whatever house you join will require you to make an effort to get to know the girls around you and to find things to like. For some people it's easier to find things they don't like. If you're negative like that, it's going to be hard to fall in love with a house, no matter how prestigious.

Don't accept a bid to a house if you think it's beneath you. It's always amazing to me to think that there are girls who find any house beneath them when CLEARLY, the house that gave them a bid was the ONLY HOUSE THAT WANTED them.

If you want AXO or PM and get KAT or GPB, your choices are:

Reject the bid - chances are this is the best you'll do in recruitment and next year you won't even get a bid from those houses. You're pretty well doomed to live outside of greek life.

Accept the bid - run to the house, act all excited, keep your tears for later, and start trying to get to know your new sisters. DON'T EVEN THINK about depledging. Again, things won't be better next year. Remember, these girls took a chance on you. Don't let them down because you feel embarrassed because you've been reading greekrank and know they're at the bottom.

An enthusiastic pledge class can really boost a house in the rankings. If it's rankings you're chasing, you can make a huge change during your 4 years if you're enthusiastic and involved. 4 years later -- maybe they're the top!

By: Answer
by: Bigsis   

Listen to your big sister - this is excellent advice.

By: Bigsis

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.