facebook

sophomore rush?

by: Currentuastudent

Which houses take sophomores? I rushed but withdrew from the process because I wasn’t sure if the sorority life was for me. Now I’m positive it’s what I want to do (lots of friends in really nice houses) but will I get put on the back burner because I’m old lol??

Posted By: Currentuastudent
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hmm   

most houses will drop you if you dropped out of rush the year prior. I know a girl who dropped out of rush last year but her three roommates were all in the same sorority vouching for her and she was still dropped

By: Hmm
#2  by: Every girl is different    

Rushing as an upperclassman can be different for every girl. I rushed three years ago as a sophomore for the first time and I had a mostly full card every round with a mix of old row and new row. I know other upperclassmen that were dropped or had only one choice after philanthropy. I know other girls who did better than me. Two years ago we had girls in our house pulling for a few girls that rushed as freshman that dropped or de-pledged. One got in. We used to take a decent number of sophomores or transfer juniors with three years left to graduate. Last year we only took a six sophomores. I won’t be involved in recruitment for next year to know where things will go regarding upperclassmen. The only thing you can control is being yourself.

By: Every girl is different
by: ThxApr 3, 2019 1:31:21 AM

What house does this? Seems to be rare that they accept upperclassmen

By: Thx
#3  by: Aunt Gin   

Every sorority accepts sophomores. The key is having frineds in the house to pull for you with the other members. Have you made good friends among sorority women? Ask their opinion about going through. Make sure they know you plan to go through again. That way you'll have friends in the house to advocate for you.
Don't be all snooty about which houses are "good enough" for you. Smile no matter which house takes you.
Frankly, you'll have about the same experience in any house, no matter what their so-called rank is. You can find sisters in any house.

By: Aunt Gin

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.