facebook

fraternity tiers

by:    

How does a chapter get placed in top, middle or bottom.

Posted By: Muah Muah
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

It's a lottery, you can buy ticekts in Student Center I think

By: Confident

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Not sure, but   

I read all the responses and I think this is the most accurate response

By: Not sure, but
#2by:    

It is simply a matter of opinion as to who is top, middle, bottom and those who really care about such ranking make sure it is known.

By: Old v New
#3by:    

It goes by how long a chapter has been on campus.. Look em up

By: Hmm
by: Unless ....   

it is Phi Delt or Kappa Sig

By: Unless ....
by: no   

it's DKE SAE KA and Phi Gam....although Kappa Sig and Phi Delt have been here just as long, they have gotten themselves into quite a bit of trouble and deteriorated greatly. For sororities, it is KD, A D Pi, Zeta, Tri Delt, Alpha Gam and Chi O

By: no
by: It would be    

generous to put KA or Phi Gam in the top five, and Sigma Nu is almost as old as KA. Phi Gam, SAE and DKE are quite a bit older than Sigma Nu or KA. Also Sigma Chi was originally founded at Bama in the 1860s or something, but must have been gone a long time.

By: It would be
by: Have to agree   

It's SAE & DKE.
KA & EN are worthy of respect but they are ATO offshoots.
Phi Gam old & respectable but not the same UA royalty as the Big 2.
SX, DTD, DX, Pi Kapp (PIKE & OX also, but with a little less 'Bama flavor) have all earned their way into the club over last 80-100 years. LXA also, and ZBT has earned grudging respect. Beta less so and depends on who you ask.

Phi Delt and KE have screwed the pooch so badly that it's conceivable that they are out forever.

By: Have to agree
by: ^   

Pretty much agree with everything you said, it's really accurate. The only thing I disagree on is the KA being an ATO offshoot. Sigma Nu might be, they were founded at the same school, but I'm not sure if there is an actual connection. KA, however, was founded at a different school (nearby I know), but only 3 months after. When you look at it most fraternities founding a have to do with other fraternities (even DKE and SAE), so it's not really fair to fault them.

By: ^
by: Not ripping EN   

or KA for being ATO offshoots (but they are - the first ENs were ATO initiates and KA stole guys and ideas from down the street --- ATO & EN turned the other cheek while KA embraced the Confederacy).

By: Not ripping EN
#4by:    

Money, alumni support, reputation, etc etc. A lot of it is objective and doesn't matter that much honestly.

By: Essentially
#5by:    

It's all opinion. That's all.

By: Bless your hearts

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.