facebook

gpa

by:    

What is considered a safe GPA for formal sorority recruitment to make it past round one and hope get a bid at the end of rush.

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

3.2 unless you're a beauty queen, daughter of someone famous.... for most. Some will drop at 3.6 though. Alpah Phi will take any GPA.

By: Depends
by: Guest   

UA admits people with 3.2 GPAs. Wow! Make sure you take that into consideration in your college selection.

By: Guest
#2by:    

4.0 would be totally safe.
I've heard some will drop you if you have under a 3.5. But most are OK if you have a 3.2 or above.
Below a 3.0 - prepare for major cuts.

By: List

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: .   

I don't understand why would someone with a 4.0 GPA even be attending UA?

By: .
by: Me   

I'm out of state and have a 4.0, Alabama gave me a half tuition scholarship, so why not attend? ROLL TIDE

By: Me
by: Guest   

Most with 4.0 are getting full scholarship out of state. I'd go back and check on that. UA needs the numbers.

By: Guest
by: Hummm   

Their 28000 undergrads aren't enough?

By: Hummm
by: Bama   

This 4.0 wants to come (from OOS) because alabama is a DYNASTY! We do everything bigger and better! Roll tide!

By: Bama
by: Um me...   

I received a full scholarship and I'm out of state so RTR!

By: Um me...
#3by:    

My GPA is 3.39 but I have a good resume and recs. Is that safe?

By: hey
by: Hey   

NOBODY's safe when it comes to rush.
You just never know what will happen.
However, one thing is certain - if you don't rush, you can't pledge.

By: Hey
#4by:    

What is the minimun GPA for a sophomore transfer student?

By: Transfer
#5by:    

As long as you're over a 3.0 you should be fine. There are a few houses that will cut you right off the bat, but if you have good recs some may keep you a little longer. You will have great choices with a 3.2 or better. Don't expect top tier though. sophomores can have an advantage because each sorority has to take so many sophomores. If it's a year with few sophomores or juniors then you can get away with a lower gpa. Alpha Phi, DG and Gamma Phi are less picky about gpa's. Don't go by the sorority gpa's listed. Gpa's fluctuate, depend on majors.....

As far as the snotty comments about 4.0 gpa's attending Alabama, get a clue. Alabama has the highest number of national merit finalists attending over any other public university. Some kids get everything paid for including a semester of study abroad and an ipad. They do take kids with under 3.0. They need those out of state kids to pay for the high stat kids scholarships. DUH!

By: Real Rank
by: 2cooul4u   

stfu

By: 2cooul4u
by: Active    

Great post and accurate information.

By: Active
by: Saban   

and the football revenues pay for the National Merit Scholarships. FYI.

By: Saban
#6by:    

some girls had over a 3.5 and a lot of houses cut them.dont worry so much about gpa but more the conversations you'll have at the houses.

By: just saying..
#7by:    

For your information, a lot of students have 4.0s. Goodbye/

By: Ignorant
#8by:    

Alabama takes a lot of national merits

By: Yeah
#9by:    

For people to speak on this site who know nothing about anything.
Thank you for the facts.
Loved the FYI comments!

I am coming to this school because I want to.
I turned down several scholarships, sports and academic, I have a 3.8 and was a multiple sport Athlete. So my parents are paying the full price 43k a year plus Greek dues.

Why to be apart of something bigger than me.

So I tell you stop being such know it all's. It just makes BAMA look bad.

By: Why is it so....

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.