facebook

kappa beta gamma sorority?

by:    

Does anyone know anything about this new sorority at Bama? www(dot)kappabetagamma.org/chapters/

Posted By: RTR
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

Kappa Beta Gamma is an independent International Sorority not affiliated with the NPC. They are in the process of colonizing at Bama. I don't see them getting/ building a house on the row anytime soon or in the near future. They will probably have cheaper dues than the NPC, so girls who were cut during recruitment or girls who can't afford the NPC dues should check them out.

By: NPC WOMAN
by: Yeah   

The financial thing is true, but just remember you get what you pay for. I have a friend in one of their chapters and she has mentioned support from their nationals is mediocre and they don’t have benefits/opportunities like NPC sororities. That’s probably just fine at smaller schools but at a school with a huge Greek system I think the difference will be more pronounced.

That said, maybe they could be successful if they don’t expect to function like NPC sororities.

By: Yeah
#2by:    

If at all possible I would recommend for all women to join an NPC sorority before even considering an independent one.

By: hi
by: Advice...   

Rushing NPC does NOT mean you automatically get a bid and they are very selective. NPC Bama is well known for cutting a lot of girls during recruitment. Girls should check out both the NPC and the independent sororities and judge for yourselves which best fit your needs.

By: Advice...
by: ^   

Excuse me but we have one of the highest placement rates in the country, well over 90% going through will get a bid at Alabama.

By: ^
by: @^   

Correct, and of the ones who don't, the majority are people who drop because they think they are too good for the houses they have left, they get sick. they decide Greek life isn't for them, etc.....

All this "Greek life is exclusive" crap is garbage.

By: @^
#3by:    

They'll be irrelevant and a club for leftovers who couldn't get bids to a real sorority

By: Miss Mollie
by: Bama   

It is a real sorority. And I know they are working on being exclusive as well. They won’t just let anyone in. And they are trying to get a house off campus and they should have an on campus one once the university finishes all their new houses within the next four years. They are just trying to not be so materialistic when it comes to choosing girls like a lot of the other sororities are. And they’re brand new. I think people should give them a chance before being so quick to judge.

By: Bama
by: lol   

So tbh y'all will never be a presence on this campus, house off campus, on campus whatever. At least SDT is NPC and has a Nationals worth talking about, y'all aren't NPC, have a bad Nationals and Panhellenic will never let y'all get on row. And even if somehow there was room for you on row, your nationals wouldn't be able to afford it.

By: lol
by: hi   

@Bama I don’t think you understand greek life here so let me explain a few things. Here at Alabama, the sororities are governed by the Alabama Panhellenic Association. KBG will never be included in this because they are not part of the NPC. There are NPC groups with money who have tried to join our campus and have not been invited. And did they show up and try to colonize anyway? No.

You showed up to this campus uninvited with visions of grandeur. SDT has so much more going for them and has yet to be on row, so you all thinking that the university would let you even close to the row is a little delusional in my opinion.

We don’t not like you because of the girls in your sorority, we dislike you because y’all are pretending to be a sorority when you aren’t. A real sorority does not show up randomly on a college campus and mass email girls who are not in organizations. Sigma Kappa is new and invted and they will colonize with particular procedures set in place. Please think of what I have said next time you donmt understand when we don’t think highly of you/accept you as part of greek life here.

By: hi
by: lmao   

You really bought that “quality over quantity” bs. KBG has neither of those things! You really thought you were gonna be KBG’s first official house in over a century of existing?

By: lmao
#4by:    

By: bump
#5by:    

So let me get this straight ... ya’ll waltz in here but an NPC house applied to be at bama and was rejected. How does that happen???

By: ??
by: Active   

It takes a lot for an NPC sorority to colonize. Panhellenic will not accept a sorority to colonize if they are not 100% sure they will be successful, it’s a completely different process

By: Active
#6by:    

Yall just because they aren’t NPC doesn’t mean they aren’t a real sorority. I think it’s pretty cool that they’re starting from nothing and building up from there and I honestly hope they’re just as successful as NPC sororities. Don’t hate on them just because they’re new — give them a chance to establish themselves first before you judge them.

By: bama student

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#7by:    

KBG is not selective lol they literally approached my friend in Starbucks and told her she looked like she would fit in and told her to interview and she would put in a good word

By: uh
by: Lol   

That's how they colonize. They came to my friend's school up north and approached her, even though she was wearing her Tri Delta letters.

By: Lol
#8by:    

They included kbg as a ugc org at bb

By: Pnm
#9by:    

They closed lol

By: Lol
by: ^   

Yeah, their social media seems to be gone. Can't say I'm surprised. There's just not a market here for cut-rate fake sororities.

By: ^
#10by:    

They are coming back now??? Wtf

By: ???
by: .   

The chapter didn’t close. Just a lot of bad apples who ruined it for the group. All groups have every right to try

By: .

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.