facebook

on the subject of looks

by:    

Why does everyone "freak out" when looks come up?

Everyone is beautiful.

You can't judge on looks.

This is embarrassing.

Those girls are strippers.

It's just the caked on make up.

Maybe but they are dumb.

If I was a good looking pnm I'd go PHIMU//ZTA/APHI just to avoid the insecurity and shade throwing of the detractors.

You go girls!!!!

Ya'll look great!

Posted By: Why
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

So true. There was a thread about thoughts on houses after IWT.

There were several comments about how "bad" an experience girls had at these houses, but they went on to say it was because they were intimidated "by the looks" of the members.

Ladies - that's your issue! And these houses shouldn't be shaded for that!

Many even noted that the girls were nice - ZTA particularly - but that they were still uncomfortable. \n\n\n\n\n

By: Pnm
by: active   

But that's what recruitment is about - not picking the house that is "nice" but picking the house where you fit in the best. It doesn't matter how bubbly or sweet the girls are if you can't picture yourself as their friend and equal. Just like how a girl with "intimidating" looks may feel out of her league when speaking to girls at another house who are entirely focused on academics or majoring in engineering or don't understand her jokes about Sephora. None of the people involved are at fault, it's nobody's issue. They just don't connect and so the experience is negative for the PNMs because "positive" means feeling at home.

By: active
by: nah   

Those three aren’t even the hot girl houses.

By: nah
#2by:    

Agree completely with you

But "concede" these girls are good looking. If that's not you, figure it out and move on. Accept it.

I am reacting to the "they are not attractive - everyone is attractive" commentary and worse negativity.

Also think these definitions of personalities are too narrow. Bet there are some APhis/ZTA/PhiMu who will get your Sehpora jokes and study O Chem with you. And some AXOs who'd be lost in O Chem, and miss the Sephora humor.

Panlove!

By: Pnm
#3by:    

What a joke. So sad. Look at grades. Look at who guys are actually dating.

All of these are very pretty sororities as a whole. But there are knockouts in other ones too. Agd has Miss Alabama. That's a title that combines service (hello service!), academics, fitness and beauty. Oh yeah, and talent.

So when someone says a sorority is intimidating with its looks, it is so stupid. Girls just don't like people so focused on themselves. It's the INSIDE that's the problem.

By: Omg

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Killing me   

Yall don't get it

Everyone willing to see grade reports and point out some houses are "smarter" and then single out the attractive girls in these houses

Frankly I agree.

But FEW willing to admit some houses have more "attractive girls" (we all know it but can't measure it by "looks" reports and it clearly just kills some to say it) let alone admit some of these attractive girls are smart.

I'm saying give some credit where credit is due. Y'all seem stingy, petty, and hateful.

By: Killing me
by: active   

@Killing me

Time and time again people have said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What one person finds attractive, someone else finds disgusting. What one person finds classic, another person finds boring. Skinny or curvy, blonde or brunette, tan or pale, short or tall, we all have a difference idea about what a good "look" is.

You know what isn't subjective? A grade report. If you can barely maintain a 3.0 average as a chapter then sorry, your chapter is not on the "smarter" side of things, especially when plenty of others are averaging above a 3.5. The grade report is NOT perfect (who knows! maybe APhi is full of pre-med girls and that's why they're struggling!) but it at least provides some actual data. "Who's the hottest????" does not.

By: active
by: Please.    

Open a magazine or look at ads. Pretty much, people agree on who is and who isn't attractive. You may not like the "standard" but please, there definitely is one.

Same with grades. It's a measure from a certain standard.

Anyone with a brain and any knowledge understands "success" involves a mukti faceted intelligence - some measured by grades and some not.

The grade standard tends to meaure mathematical and verbal skills. But there are emotional; social; musical and athletic skills not typically measured by grades but a factor in intelligence and "suceess". Frankly, looks are a factor as well - as typically compared to a standard.

I am willing to admit some houses are grades standard smarter and they include some attractive girls with multi faceted skills such as athletics, music and social.

Please admit some houses stand out for looks and social skills but also include girls with traditional grade success measures, music and athletic strengths too.

Panlove.

By: Please.
#4by:    

Wait. Are we arguing that looks aren't subjective? Of course they are.

But there is a small amount of people that are so stunningly beautiful that everyone agrees. Halle Berry comes to mind. Everyone finds her perfect.

But that is a small %. The rest, it's a matter of opinion. I think PM has more beauties than other houses. But, APhi/ZTA., a tad rough around the edges. Not a lot of beauties

By: ...
by: Funny   

I see Phi Mu as not really attractive but put together. Nice clothes. White teeth. Fantastic shoes. Fashionable. Yes, good taste. But looking at features, too many odd noses, big foreheads, odd builds and crooked smiles. But they really do a good job with what they have.

APhi. Genuinely attractive. Yes they try. Could they tone it down, perhaps. But they are attractive. Maybe a bit less taste than PhiMu, but they are generally more attractive.

XTA. They have a certain exuberance. More attttacrive than Phi Mu no doubt. I'd give APhi the nod for looks overall. But ZTA wins in overall appeal. Winner miss congeniality. Need to pose less at the same time.

By: Funny
by: Really   

If you want to use the only Halle Barry is "stand apart" beautiful argument , then this suggests it takes Albert Einstein to be smart!

As such, the difference between a 3.5 and a 3.0 at Bama is insignificant in the "intelligence" scale as a 3.5 here is no Einstein.

So no one is more beautiful.

No one is more smart.

We are all equal!

Panlove. \n\n\n\n\n

By: Really
#5by:    

Certain Exuberance? This is getting hilarious

By: Omg
by: Looks   

Better than looks are subjective unless you are Halle Berry!

How old is the poster of that!!!!

Embarrassing.

By: Looks
#6by:    

Alpha phi the most attractive of the three for sure

By: Ap
by: Lmao   

WHo keeps bumping old posts from over a year ago so sad 😭

By: Lmao
#7by:    

Phi Mu takes the cake. I am more of a complete package person and so is the majority of the world (I think). I think in that regard, Phi Mu wins because they not only are beautiful but also have grace, class and the grades. All of these are important in the world and you really can’t just get by on looks as ZTA or Aphi thinks (until a certain point in time).

By: Truth
by: Yes   

Yes. This. Phi Mu truly is the most beautiful, diverse, and fashionable house at Alabama.

By: Yes
#8by:    

Who is bumping posts from 2017? Is it you Aphi trying to trick PNMs to make them believe you are on par with PM and Zeta? Reality check your competitors are DZ, Theta and GPhi.

By: Aphi desperate
by: Hmmm   

@Aphi desperate - can you even read?

The post was dredged up by someone promoting PhiMU!

Nothing against that or them, but you seem obsessed with attacking APhi for no real reason other than your own insecurities. Provo g the point of the entire thread.

By: Hmmm
#9by:    

How much do looks matter during recruitment for AXO, XO, DDD & PiPhi?

By: Mirror
#10by:    

Looks fade and dumbness from those 3 houses get annoying real quick! FYI ZTA girls aren’t even that hot anymore have you seen last years members they have work to do and some of them love doing tt and dress up as boys. Like really?

By: If you only knew

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.