facebook

poll: best sorority scandal at alabama!

by:    

Posted By: active
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

Not sure if yeah yeah baby yeah yeah is the best, but it's definitely my favorite. Not being sarcastic when I say it holds a special place in my heart hahaha

By: L
by: Hahaha    

Lmao agreed, I think it's hilarious but I still find it hard to understand why it's used to bash KD. They didn't give those girls bids, it isn't their fault they made the video. I get it on a level but you can only use it against them so much considering they aren't even in the sorority

By: Hahaha
by: Guest   

Do those girls even go here anymore? Who took them?

By: Guest
#2by:    

"Please do not post defaming content. Remember cyber bulling can be considered a crime."

LOL. Really? And you post or allow this poll? ROTFL. What a joke.

By: Before you type....
by: Before you type....   

Who are you and why the thumbs down? Get over yourself and stop posting and replying to this thread. You honestly need help.

By: Before you type....
by: King Tut   

I'll kill all you mfs

By: King Tut
#3by:    

The AGD has a little bit of everything: racism, social media, leaked GroupMe shots, embarrassment for everyone involved, inter-house drama, and all that over the most Alabama thing ever - who becomes the homecoming queen. Instant classic, easily the best.

By: agd
by: lol   

Yes to this! It's also just such a great story with so many relevant characters. I tell it to people who don't even go to this schol.

By: lol
#4by:    

Don't forget the recent Phi Mu exec getting arrested for assault!

Or the Zeta whose DUI arrest led to the discovery of a stash of molly.

By: More

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#5by:    

And the AXO freshmen so drunk they had to be taken to the hospital. There was a lawsuit over that, right??

By: AXnO
#6by:    

Still don't understand the context of the KD video. Why was it filmed/where was it initially posted? And what was everyone's reaction to it at the time?

By: kd
by: kd   

Wow, I did not realize a KD posted that. How cruel. I actually feel really bad for the girl. Hope she ended up happy wherever she transferred.

by: kd   

I don't mean to be nosy but I honestly just hope for a happy ending, what happened to the other girl?

Obviously making a video like that is poor judgement but when I think about all the drunk snapchat videos I'VE sent to people it really strikes me how unusually mean it was to post that on YouTube and ruin someone's entire UA Greek experience, especially because in-state PNMs get so hyped up for it. I know I'm rambling at this point but I just don't understand what would possess someone to be so mean to a PNM.

by: lol   

They didn't even transfer. They stayed at Alabama and remained good friends with a lot of KDs. Their college experience was just fine.

By: lol
by: .   

It was Summer of 2014, which is ages ago in sorority years.

This girl had a 3 names, a high-powered attorney daddy, cheerleader, and from MB. Went to Mexico, drank a bit too much, and made a video saying that she wanted to be a KD. Got posted on the internet that summer. She didn't go through recruitment but she's still at Alabama and hangs out in the same KD social circle.

Personally, I thought the XO snapchat scandal of that same year was waaaaaaaaaaaaay worse, but no one remembers the name of the girl who sent the snap. They also pledged a bully that year from Germantown and also rumored to have messed up their invite list and had to pay massive fines in order to get girls back on after accidentally dropping them. 2014 wasn't kind to XO.

Kristen Saban was a loooooooong time ago too. More than 5 years.

By: .
by: Fact   

The video was made on vacation.

Both girls were top PNM and would have been given bids had they not made the video. And probably could have gotten a bid from any chapter. However, the other sororities no longer wanted them after the tape was made. And, if KD couldn't pledge the girls after the video went viral.

Yes, it was a stupid mistake, and embarrassing, but before rush and even during rush you need to be on your best behavior.

At the end of the day, both girls were fine, and participated with the sorority almost as if they were members.

By: Fact
#7by:    

She was a mountain brook girl so god only knows how upset she was when she realized what happened. For a lot of in state girls from areas like that, being in a sorority is something they've fantasized about since like middle school. That's so sad that one poor drunk decision ruined that for her. Not to mention she had to watch all of the girls she's grown up with go through rush and see all of their social media posts etc

By: Sdjckswjd
by: yes   

Exactly this. I am from Mt Brook and some girls here start dreaming about what their own recruitment will be like YEARS in advance. It's hard to explain but it's such a cultural touchstone here, something that every girl can relate to and understand, something that we all have in common. To wake up one morning and realize that you will NEVER get the chance to take part in that tradition, that you have basically committed social suicide before you even stepped foot on a college campus, is an absolute nightmare for every girl here.

Heartbreaking, honestly.

By: yes
by: Well...   

Maybe she should have remembered that dream before making bad decisions. I can't say I feel sorry for her. Yeah, she was young, but old enough to make decisions and face the consequences.

By: Well...
by: yes   

Ok but like imagine being drunk, your FRIEND who you think you can TRUST dares you to make a silly little video because you're going through rush and you wanna go KD really badly...

Worst case scenario is it gets passed around your friend circle and everyone laughs at it and maybe you lose your shot at Kappa as a result. NOT you are publicly humiliated on YouTube, it gets 30k views, and you are run out of your own college before you even go there.

that is not an appropriate punishment for being a drunk and overexcited 18 year old. that is not a reasonable consequence.

By: yes
by: yop   

She supposedly self identified as a KD and even wore KD badges but was NEVER a KD. I wish the video had subtitles as its virtually impossible to understand her. Was she that drunk or was it just her accent? Brutal.

By: yop
by: yop   

She supposedly self identified as a KD and even wore KD badges but was NEVER a KD. I wish the video had subtitles as its virtually impossible to understand her. Was she that drunk or was it just her accent? Brutal.

By: yop
by: Yep   

She basically ended up "perping" KD -- wearing "KD Loves the Tide" buttons on game days, etc. She would also try to hang out at the house on bid day but got told to leave by alums.

By: Yep
#8by:    

KD's "Who Rides the Bus?" blackface swap with Sigma Chi from 1992

By: Blast from the past
#9by:    

The girls that made that video go to UA and are in KD lol

By: ::
by: ???   

They should have graduated by now! Summer of 2014?

By: ???
#10by:    

We forgot pi phi telling their girls to sleep with sigma chis so they would win derby days!!!!

By: WAIT
by: Guest   

sounds like fake news

By: Guest
by: B   

Did that really happen?

By: B
by: Active   

That didn't happen I'm a pi phi and it's not true

By: Active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.