facebook

sorority rush

by:    

Is there anything that I should know going into recruitment?
Anything that I will hear that I should or shouldn't believe?
Old Row vs New Row?
The machine?
Should I opt to live in the almighty Tutwiller dorms??
Will being a Legacy help/hurt me?

Posted By: High School Senior
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Know this: being a legacy doesn't really matter anymore, unless you have a family member in the house you would like to pledge. Don't let the Old Row vs. New Row fight cloud your judgement. Living in tut is convenient for you but if you decide to drop during the fall it won't be as much fun anymore. Live in harris, burke, or anywhere else on the quad.

By: the REAL truth

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Are Harris and Burke dorms nice?
Being a legacy, (i am a leg for a really good house on campus and one that is alright) it doesnt give me any extra consideration? Im not asking for a promised bid ! But any extra attention?
Also, could it hurt me? Could other sororities know that im a leg and cut me or could the sororitites that i am leg to, have say 15 legs rushing and say they will take 10 legs and cut me because im not from that chapter? Even if i wouldve gotten in without the legacy title??

By: HSS
by: themis   

Yes, being a legacy can hurt you. Some groups will automatically cut girls who are legacies to other houses. With the new system, they have to make cuts and that is an easy one to make. Most groups will extend at least one invite back to their legacies, but after that, you may or may not get invited back. Some groups place a lot of value on legacies, some do not. Some groups have legacy introduction forms. Make sure those get turned in, if applicable. Some universities now have a policy of not informing the sororites of a PNM 's legacy groups except to the legacy group. Obviously there was a problem or this would not have been needed. Only you can decide if you want to list your legacy affliliations on your application. Keep an open mind and you will find your home.

By: themis
by: the REAL truth   

No, none of the dorms on the quad are really nice. The only nice ones are the new ones towards the ferg but they're very far from the strip, classes
(except for those in paty and around the ferg). Burke has a dinning hall in it so that's convenient. Harris is the dorm that is directly on sorority row, and all dorms on the quad are coed. However the bathrooms are public.

By: the REAL truth
#3by:    

Bump

By: Me

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.