facebook

which sorority has the most expensive dues?

by:    

everyone says Phi Mu's dues are crazy expensive and only rich girls can afford it but on their website the dues are only a couple thousand and Alpha Chi is the expensive one..?

Posted By: bama
Page 2 of 3
#11by:    

Every sorority home has been rebuilt, or built new for the new groups, during the past 10-12 years. It stands to reason every group has had dues and fees climb during this same time frame. Even when the decision was made 15 years ago for every home to be rebuilt chapter by chapter in a specific and logical order, those homes with later rebuilds took dues to new levels to refresh their homes to keep-up appearances with the brand new homes. Technically these later-building houses probably were costing more all along since they had to raise dues two times over 12 years: first for the 'refresh' and later for the 'rebuild'.

By: all for one

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#12by:    

Alpha Chi $4534
ADPi $3647
AGD $4012
AOPi $4004
AlphaPhi $3666
Chi O $3650
DDD $3716
DG $3684
DZ $4042
GPB $3529
Theta $3502
KD $4069
KKG $3644
Phi Mu $4027
Pi Phi $4394
Zeta $3552

By: New Member Semester Cost
by: Thanks   

So Theta, with the lowest dues, must have the strongest alumnae support, then GPB and ZTA

Wow.

By: Thanks
by: Last year   

Those are last year’s numbers. PiPhi, DZ, and AOPi were in transition housing. Theta went in last semester. There have been houses that have completed their builds. Some sororities have certain parties that happen every other year. Some houses will get new house furniture that will affect their “salon” fees. All of those things will change this year’s numbers.

By: Last year
by: no   

this is so wrong lol you weren't even CLOSE to what i pay for my house lmfao

By: no
#13by:    

Um no... the newer the house the higher the dues.. pi phi just finished a brand new house so their dues are high. thetas will definitely rise. also I know alpha chi has high dues because there house is on 2 lots not just one. it’s all about the house tbh. phi mus is a bit higher because of the white fine..

By: No
by: Gphi   

Well GPB house is new and I believe the largest, ZTA house one year old

Plenty of posts noted how good retention and alumnae support helped keep dues of houses low.

So using this logic....

By: Gphi
by: stop perputating   

People need to stop this nonsense on the white house fine. The university build the house, they controlled every brick and nail that got put into it. They would not allow the house to be white if it was not allowed by them. A bunch of Phi Mu's didn't go sneak off and buy a bunch of paint and paint the house white behind the universities back. The university hired the painter and told them how to paint it.

By: stop perputating
#14by:    

All the houses are about the same but some describe their charges differently than others. Its all within a thousand bucks of each other. its all expensive.

By: bbb
#15by:    

Even SDT is around $6,000 a year.

By: #
#16by:    

Lol alumnae money doesn’t really affect dues at all, trust me my house is on the lower end of dues but has almost zero alumnae support (and below average retention for what it’s worth).

Most alumnae money is used for rush (flowers are a huge expense) very specific house upgrades (that wouldn’t happen otherwise), etc. It’s not going to decrease dues significantly.

By: Nah
#17by:    

Some of the more expensive houses include most of the “extras” so you aren’t having to pay fees all along.

As for the essay on USC, I would say that no one is interested so the point is moot. What they may have in money, they often do not have in class or taste. Some do, some don’t. Here and there. It’s different.

Cost of living regulates pricing as well. Lots of California ppl come to UA bc they want a real college experience.

Celebrity kids with class usually go ivy or Stanford and not usc btw- if they go to college at all tbh.

By: Okay
by: Truth Hurts   

California people go to Alabama. rank #129 in the nation because they were too stupid to get into a good school. Additionally middle to upper middle class Californians who would feel totally out of place at a prestigious private school like USC rank #22 in the nation or Stanford rank #1 in the nation both schools comprise children of multimillionaire and billionaires and middle to upper middle class can not afford the $100,000 plus tuition and living expenses.
However going to Alabama rank #129 in the nation is like going into a third world country and the middle to upper middle class California incomes of $250,00” to 1Million by comparison to Alabama income the students can live like Kings and Queens.
Again 99.99% of Alabama (One of the POOREST states in not the poorest) students that are in TOP TIER fraternities or sororities at Alabama (rank #129) would not only not be accepted to California (RICHEST state in tbe nation)schools like Stanford #1 in the nation or USC #22 in the nation but if somehow they were accepted would be considered lucky to receive a bid from BOTTOM TIER fraternity or sorority or COLONY. Alabamans to not have the LOOKS,MONEY,CLASS,WARDROBE,INTELLIGENCE, CULTURE, SOPHISTICATION, to EVER be considered for a middle or top tier fraternity or sorority in California. 90% of Alabaman Greeks could not even get a bid from a BOTTOM TIER OR COLONY of a fraternity or sorority in California.

By: Truth Hurts
#18by:    

Why so angry usc person? Football hasn’t been too good for a while, has it? This is just pathetic and thankfully not representative of the USC student body or alumnae.

People with class don’t bring down others.

By: Hmm
#19by:    

As she said, people with class don’t bring others down. Have a good day!

By: Lost your own point
#20by:    

funny you mention the third world when some parts of your state resemble a third world country and some don’t even seem or look like America anymore.

By: @truth hurts
by: Truth Hurts   

The ENTIRE state of Alabama is third world.

By: Truth Hurts
by: ?   

I've been to actual third world countries and Alabama is 10 times better. I don't even know what you're talking about. Anyways. I LOVE Alabama. And at least, Bama looks like America unlike California. Byeeee

By: ?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.