facebook

which sorority has the most expensive dues?

by:    

everyone says Phi Mu's dues are crazy expensive and only rich girls can afford it but on their website the dues are only a couple thousand and Alpha Chi is the expensive one..?

Posted By: bama
Page 1 of 3
#1by:    

Phi Mu is $12,000 a year

By: Phi Mu
by: wrong   

No, Phi Mu is roughly $8,000 a year.

By: wrong
by: Truth Hurts   

At a prestigious private university like University of Southern California (Rank 22 in the nation) where tuition and living expenses top $100,000 per year. 99.99% of University of Alabama (rank #129 in the nation ) students could not afford to attend USC or other prestigious universities. ALL fraternity and sorority members from Alabama if they were to somehow be accepted at USC would be lucky to be invited to a bottom tier fraternity or sorority. All Greek students at USC are sons or daughters of billionaires or multimillionaires. If someone from a “top tier fraternity or sorority” tried to rush a top tier fraternity or sorority like Lambda Chi Alpha/Sigma Chi or Delta Gamma /Kappa Kappa Gamma they would be laughted at an shown the door. Alabama Greeks do not have the money, looks, culture, sophistication, intelligence to ever be considered for membership at a top tier fraternity or sorority at USC. The vast majority of Greeks would not even make the cut at bottom tier fraternities or sororities.
The top fraternities regularly drop $500,000- 1 million for just one party. Alabamans probably can get into the parties working as the “hired help” but just don’t have the money, culture, sophistication to ever be considered for a top tier or even middle tier fraternity or sorority at USC.

By: Truth Hurts
by: Apple   

Actually not one person in a “top tier fraternity or sorority at Alabama” would even be considered for an invite to a top tier fraternity or sorority for the same reasons at my school Florida State, Alabamans are just on a lower level in general.

By: Apple
by: Fact    

The fact you would say that about Alabamians shows you are the one without class.

By: Fact
by: Truth hurts   

Top tier Fraternity/Sorority members from Alabama if they went though rush at USC would have been laughed at even at lower tier frats/strats

By: Truth hurts
by: Sigma Chi   

Our cook at Sigma Chi USC was a graduate of Alabama and President of Phi Mu sorority.

By: Sigma Chi
by: Old Row Mama   

WE LIKE to inbreed

By: Old Row Mama
by: Truth Hurts   

Lots of inbreeding in old row

By: Truth Hurts
by: Really   

Look it up AOPi; Delta Zeta and shocking Sigma Kappa for having no house are by far the most expensive

By: Really
by: Really   

Look it up AOPi; Delta Zeta and shocking Sigma Kappa for having no house are by far the most expensive

by: Phi   

^SK will be building a house in the future, they have to start stocking their coffers for it now

By: Phi
by: Liob   

My Phi Mu dues at the University of Maine are only $80/month

By: Liob
#2by:    

Not sue the specifics but do believe the "White House"
Penalty makes Phi Mubthe pat expensive

The only white building on campus was supposed to be the presidents house.

Phi Mu, for whatever reason deicided that was not an acceptable policy.

Have heard the penalty is $30k per semester. Dies cover it, whatever it is. And not cheap.

By: Either
by: hi   

It's cheaper to pay the school fine then it is to pay the fine to Phi Mu. Phi Mu requires there houses to be white.

By: hi
by: No   

No they don’t, there are pink and brown Phi Mu houses. Phi Mu doesn’t have a rule on house colors, they just wanted to carry the aesthetic on.

By: No
by: Wrong   

There is no white house penalty, the University built the house. They approve every nail, tile and color of paint that is used. The University would not fine a sorority for a house they built. A bunch of Phi Mu's did sneak over to house in the middle of the night and paint it white, it was painters hired by the university that painted it white.

By: Wrong
#3by:    

So tired of Phi Mu seeking attention about their expensive dues! My house has dues of $7,000/yr! Big deal..Phi Mu is a whole $1,000 more a year! Give it up ladies...you act so classless! Anyway, my daddy pays out of state tuition and your daddy can't afford to send you out of state! Phi Mu has nothing over any house! It's getting old ladies and you sound like tryhards.

By: Phi Mu
by: me   

Wow... You sound like a brat. Maybe try earning your own money and paying your own dues instead of depending on your daddy's money. You sound so spoiled, I feel sorry for you.

By: me
by: Dontbeabrat   

Please don’t be a brat. I’m sure you’ve graduated by now and you’re still relying on your daddy’s money bc you realized how expensive life is and can’t make it on your own

By: Dontbeabrat
#4by:    

Having the most expensive dues isn't necessarily a good thing. While the new houses are stunning, higher dues means taking more members to help lower debt quickly, which could translate to being less selective during recruitment. In the grand scheme of things, everyone's dues are going to be more expensive than before; on average around $4300 a semester

By: ...
by: Big dollars   

Hence girls dropping if they aren't feelin' the sisterhood

By: Big dollars
by: Myth   

Actually last year’s panhellenic reports proved that alpha chi and phi mu have the highest retention of any other sorority. Meaning the least number of girls who left or dropped overall.

By: Myth
#5by:    

Love the downvotes. Evidence PM is all over GR! Ha

By: Haha
#6by:    

Due to a new Panhellenic wide rule,houses will be required to basically say how much their dues are on philanthropy round. so the truth will be ~revealed~ to the PNMs

By: Panhellenic says

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Finally   

I think it's super important to many PNM's. My situation was different than most but I'm still a price conscious girl and I don't like to waste my parents money.

By: Finally
by: Actually   

I think a more reasonable policy would be to have ACCURATE dues information in Greek Chic. Who the hell wants to make it to Philanthropy round, fall in love with certain houses, then find out that at least one of them has dues a couple thousand $$ more than Greek Chic claims?

Why not give the info before Recruitment, so people who genuinely can't afford it don't give it a shot, only to have to drop later?

By: Actually
#7by:    

No need to get nasty on this post. For lots of people, the difference between paying extra can matter. Phi mus house isn't the point, it's just a general question about difference in dues. A good question too. Maybe actives could just put their out of house dues for us pnms instead of trying to be nasty to each other

#8by:    

aopi pi phi or dz since theyve got new houses

By: Guest
by: Hard to say...   

Not sure if newer house would be reasonable argument for higher total costs as also have to consider alumna contributions. I heard rumor that Theta alumna had already contributed a significant amount toward overall cost.

By: Hard to say...
#9by:    

clearly a phi mu didnt write that about their daddy. someone else did with the intention to make actual phi mus look bad. learn how to use greek rank, ladies.

By: lol
#10by:    

Never have lined them up, but heard NR dues are higher than OR because they aren't subsidized (by Budweiser) - one of the things that sets OR apart from NR.

By: Never
by: Just stop   

OR isn’t subsidized by Budweiser. They are subsidized by strong alumnas. Most OR houses are cheaper to live in because a hefty part ( if not all) of the mortgage was paid off to the University, thanks to them. Downside is those same alumnas have a say in who gets in. They pay to play.

By: Just stop

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.