facebook

sorority reputations

by:    

So I'm a PNM going to rush in the fall, and I intend on going in very open minded! But, I'm curious as to the reputations of sororities on campus--although they won't sway me one way or another, it would be nice to know what reputation would follow my name when I'm introduced to people. I know a lot of people have posted similarly but there's been a lot of conflicting opinions -- like I read ztas are party girls but also that they're pretty/wife material... are those things mutually exclusive? I guess I just want some more input--can anyone help?

Posted By: kitty0424
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

If it really 'won't' sway you then you wouldn't be on here asking.

By: DUH
#2by:    

All sororities have a mix of girls. U will find party girls and wifey girls in every house. Go off the connections u make when u visit the houses. That will give u more information than GR.

This r some reputations
KD, KKG-southern, connection driven
AXO, xo-academic, involved
AGD-academic, religious
ZTA, Pm-involved, looks driven
Piphi, ADPi-good overall houses for typical sorority experience, involved, most open to OOS
APhi-looks and social
DG, AOPi-girls next store, strong sisterhood
KAT, SK-growing, strong sisterhood

By: Answer
by: Answer    

Forgot ddd-involved, leans southern, fun

by: Answer    

Forgot ddd-involved, leans southern, fun, strong OR house

by: Note   

APhi - too much social, so much that they have serious GPA and retention problems. If grades are important to you then this house won't support that.

By: Note
#3by:    

All sororities have pretty/wifey material girls. You just have to think about what you value most. There are definitely more party driven sororites. As a junior, I can tell you the girls that join the sororities for parties and access to the hot frat guys pretty much end up dropping. So during rush look for the sisterhood, look for fun with friends, look for a sorority that values grades so that you leave college with a useful degree.

By: Don't
by: Agree   

Be sure to join a sorority based on gpa!!!

Not. No one does that.

By: Agree
by: Agree   

Be sure to join a sorority based on gpa!!!

Not. No one does that.

By: Agree
#4by:    

can someone do a rank based solely on sisterhood? which houses have the girls that truly like each other, stay for the four years, and seem genuinely happy and proud of their letters and sisters?

By: pnm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Kathleen   

There are several posts on retention. That should answer your questions.

By: Kathleen
by: Sisterhood   

Not really, because you are a member of one sorority and experience only that version of sisterhood. Anything else is just rumor.

By: Sisterhood
by: Not it   

Retention is not an indicator of sisterhood. AGD one of houses w best retention had that scandal w their seniors being miserable. I think ppl stay and leave houses for many reasons. There is a lot of social and family pressure to stay in OR houses. That makes them have good retention but that doesn’t make for happy members or good sisterhood

By: Not it
#5by:    

First you can tell a freshmen boy as that’s the first question they ask girls is what sorority you are in. That’s really only time you will think it matters which one you are in. Starting spring of freshmen year you will branch out more to have friends in different sororities and boys will stop caring . Many people don’t even list sorority on resume unless they had leadership positions . So basically who cares about what others think- these are the girls you will be around so make sure you pick a sorority where you feel like you belong . My opinion is you don’t want extreme anything. You don’t want an extreme party house but you also don’t want a house where your grades mean more to the house than you as a person . Try to stay off Greek rank - this is where all the fighting and bullying happens.

By: Lol
#6by:    

Which sororities have a reputation of heavily favoring girls from Alabama or the South during rush? I feel like this is helpful information to prepare . I know people say OR on here or that all OR have OOS girls, but are certain houses more likely to make heavy cuts for OOR girls?

By: PNM
by: OR   

Yes, OR favors girls from the south. KD and KKG r the most southern and unless u have a connection u will probably be cut. OR is KD, KKG, xo, ddd, pm, agd and axo

By: OR
#7by:    

Old row New Row does it really make a difference

By: oko
by: OR/NR   

It does not really make a difference. All the sororities have swaps, and formals, and sisterhood events, and study groups, and philanthropy events. Search for the sorority where YOU can be your authentic self, where you will find a group of friends that will support and care for you, and help you be the best you can be.

Too many girls create invitation acceptance lists of what they perceive to be the “best” houses on campus, rather than being realistic and going for the sorority that looks and feels the most like themselves. Don’t fall into that trap. Don’t miss out on your best fit just because that house is not rated high here on Greek Rank. Be true to yourself.

By: OR/NR

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.