facebook

advice for rush

by:    

I went through rush last year and came out the other side with freshman friends in every single house. I know I went in looking down on certain houses, the ones most people consider bottom tier, and trying to suck up to the core four houses. I didn't end up joining a house in either of these categories but I am still ashamed of how I acted in all of those houses. If I learned anything from rush, it isn't "give every house a chance," although I think that's important, it is "be respectful of every girl you're talking to and recognize her as an equal." Even if you end up in a "top" house and the person you're talking to is in a "bottom" house, she is still a human who goes to the same school as you, has interests, has friends, and a life besides rush and even sororities. If I could do anything differently from my rush, it would be to respect and be kind to every person I'm talking to. You can hate her institution but try to appreciate the sister.

Posted By: Bobbie
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

"you can hate her institution but..." what is there to hate about anything when you've barely been exposed to it? i'm in a "bottom" tier house but i loved it since the first day. my advice for girls is "to give every house a chance" but that's it. a chance. trust your gut after these impressions because you know yourself best. if you can't meet great people and have a better college experience out of a house (or greek life) don't do it.

By: umm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.