facebook

freshman

by:    

Ok. So how hard is it to get into DG, a phi, kappa or theta? I'm from the Midwest with one legacy connection to one of those houses. I'm considered cute but not a bombshell. I'm a style maven, love clothes, am fairly conversational but come from a pretty average socio-eco background. Nice grades and extra curriculars, etc.

Posted By: Help
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I'm not going to give you any slack here. You've just arrived at Cornell and your primary focus and anxiety is derived from the eventuality of joining a top sorority. It's sad. Adjust to school, get to know the social scene, go to class for god's sake.

I'm not pretending that both men and women consider such things upon arrival-- it's natural. However, you've literally written on a greek ranking site that you're considered "cute but not a bombshell." Get a grip. You're at Cornell, you're intelligent, don't act so stupid.

By: Jesus
by: Wow   

Well the kid just got here and is anxious about a number of things including Greek life. Cornell is a pretty Fratty and sororityty school after all, so I would give her a break

it's pretty normal to be thinking about Greek life so soon st any school

That being said, you need to get to know the actives in order to get into those four.

By: Wow
#2by:    

You are incredibly vain, you'll be at home in the core four

By: GreekSystem
by: Why   

Why are you so rough on a freshman?

It's very competitive to get into DG. You must get to know some of the sisters in the fall. It's weird because they aren't allowed to dirty rush but it still happens.

By: Why
#3by:    

Go through 1st semester, have fun, go home for Winter break, come back, go through rush and BE YOURSELF! Why do you care about getting into one of those sororities...you don't even know if you like the girls yet???? So stupid for a girl who just got to an Ivy League school.

By: Omg
by: @Omg   

well, all of the groups will likely have girls that are cool and some not, so the overall 'character' of the chapter could be the deciding factor. I've read about them and why not have a target if I like the over all description of them?? And who the heck can 'be themselves' when you are told what to wear, how to apply, etc? Can anyone be themselves in 20 minutes at an intro party? No. So, I say, read up on the houses and if you like status, go for the longest established houses, which would be dg, aphi. Ready for status but not full on? go for theta then kappa. know that you're not very outgoing, try for some others not so high up the food chain. gosh....it's pretty normal to have preconceived notion of the chapters and have targets based on where you think you would fit.

By: @Omg
by: Ha!   

I'm guessing you don't go here cause Alpha phi is not one of the "longest established houses". AEPHI and kappa were established way before alpha phi, and theta used to be a house full of sweet nerdy girls. Things change, and so the best thing to do is be yourself and find girls you feel comfortable with. Do you want status? Status in who's mind (a bunch of douchey guts)? Or do you want to find other people you can actually have friendships with??

By: Ha!
#4by:    

she prolly means "oldest continuously established houses" for dg and aphi. The others may have started earlier but closed and re opened. dg and aphi have never failed here.

By: @Ha!
#5by:    

Actually, this is true--both kappa and theta voluntarily left in the 60s rather than not initiate a sister of color. Get your facts right.

By: @GTFO

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: hekler   

and the facts is is that dg and aphi are always ranked higher than theta and kappa. so, whatevs. all made their choices and ya still have the 2 oldest continuously established houses, like she said.

By: hekler

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.