facebook

fall informal sorority rush?

by:    

I'm currently a freshman. I rushed this winter, but dropped out because I was only left with Phi Mu and I really wanted to be in a sorority with a house. I'm not really sure why I got cut everywhere. I'm kinda shy and I don't love small talk, but I tried to be enthusiastic and I felt like I had some really good conversations at a couple houses (but then got cut, so who knows?) :/

I really wanted, and still want to join a sorority. So my question is, do I even have a chance? Also, I a were to join as a sophmore, would I still get the whole experience/sisterhood aspect? How many/which houses do fall rush? Thanks!

Posted By: thx
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Sorry about your situation... sorority rush is kinda rough because everything's about first impressions and connections, so if you're naturally shy or averse to small talk, you can easily get overlooked. In general, houses recruit far less sophomores than freshmen, so you honestly probably are at a disadvantage. If you were to join one, I'm sure you'd get into it what you put in---if you make an effort to get to know your PC and hang out with them, you'd definitely get the full experience. Houses that do fall rush are generally announced pretty late into the game, and they change every year based on which houses need more members at that particular moment. Last year three houses did informal rush, but this year there could be four completely different chapters or no chapters at all. I don't think the fall recruitment roster has been announced yet and I believe it's a lot harder to get recruited in the fall than in the spring. Generally the girls who do fall rush have a lot of friends in the house they're rushing so they know all the details about the events and stuff. That being said, if you still are interested, winter rush is still most definitely a viable option!

By: guru

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Thank you! I don't have too many friends in the houses, so I guess I might be out of luck... Realistically, do you think I'd have a chance at winter rush? given I got cut freshman year, and its harder as a sophomore.

By: OP
by: Heart   

The sorority rush system is a flawed system. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. i

By: Heart
#3by:    

Winter rush!

By: Love
#4by:    

just for reference most people are gonna call it spring rush, I know its weird. Sophomores who join get just as much out of it!! I promise :) plenty join and love it. You are one year older and more mature I would def check it out again

By: hi
#5by:    

Hey girl! I believe AXO. AZD. PSS, and Phi Mu did informal recruitment in the fall of last year. As of next-next fall, everyone will have a house. So just check all the houses out this upcoming semester, keep an open mind, and see if it works out for you!

By: :)
by: and   

SDT did too I believe. DG does a fair amount. Plenty of houses do it. Few advertise

By: and

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.