facebook

Part 3 (Sororities) - "Mid & Bottom"

by: rickydagoat

Ah here we have it; the hotly debated "middle tier." This is the area with the most potential for change. While I think tiers are stupid, it's no secret that the perception of them exists. If I were a girl, this is where I'd want to rush. You have room to go up or down, but the fall from up top is always the most dangerous in life, yet the climb from the bottom is always more treacherous all the same.

Alpha Gam- Okay I know how my review sounded. Yes, I'm aware I wrote that guy. If you wanna know what that's about use your voice and ask around before you go through rush. At one point this was my favorite sorority. I cannot stand a lot of them (many going into their junior year and taking roles of leadership). I don't know them personally, and I have no basis for feeling this way except for how they behave when they go out. I will give them this, a lot of them are often seen outside of campus and they go out and have fun. (I'm just not sure how much fun they have these days since you might catch the boot). They're rebuilding so if you want a project this may be it for you. You probably can make a huge impact in this sorority right now, but at the same time I just don't know what their strategy is. They go out a lot and have fun, but their organization looks like a mess right now. It's a give and take as your about to find out.

Chi O- Many of the girls I've known in this sorority have dropped out on their own accord. Despite that, it looks like they have pulled in some solid girls. They've always had a rep for being just better than DZ but depending on who you are you might value them even higher. (Many are starting to do so.) I don't think there's been enough time to tell that story. They have a lot of fun, and actually have crush parties (except those are carefully watched by one of their alumni who also attends their events). (Who by the way is awesome and sweet as can be, but wouldn't let me buy her a drink). (I imagine she's still around even though she's older). All the same, even despite their version of fun, it wouldn't be my top choice right now.

Sig Kap- This is my safe bet choice for middle tier that actually produces good women. They don't ever throw crush parties that I'm aware of, but they are authentic and genuine. I picture these girls to be the kind you find in college and settle down and marry. (Word around town is a couple of their graduates are literally doing just that). So at the expense of more events, these girls also can be seen out. They need some more work before I deem them an absolute surefire bet, but that could change with a strong pledge class and consistent leadership.

DZ- Despite what people may say, they're literally some of the nicest girls. Would I rush them, eh idk, I'm kind of too much of a jerk. They're extremely diverse and accepting and I believe they will love you for who you are. That said, although the above sororities are listed in no order of preference this is the perceived "bottom tier." If you read my review on them it explains their strengths at the expense of marginalized social experience. You have to weigh the pros and cons. Not me. This is your rush. I think if you go here you will feel safe but perhaps you will long for something more challenging and established. If that doesn't concern you, by all means be different and rush em. Maybe you can work to build them up and make me eat my words (although I'm primarily a grass-fed goat so I'm not gonna do that).

Posted By: rickydagoat
Post Reply Report

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.