facebook

what is old row? why does it matter?

by:    

I'm rushing and just curious what old row is.

Posted By: Rushing
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Old row just refers to the most prestigious sororities/fraternities. It has nothing to do with founding date, nor is it the same as it is at Alabama. It's all the sororities to the right of Baxter St. on the left side (not including DG), and then chi phi, KA, and SAE for the fraternities. People try to argue that it's not a thing here, but everyone knows it is. They just go after a different type of person than the rest of greek life. And I know that this is going to get down voted by everyone that gets so butthurt over greek rankings, but come on guys y'all know this is the truth.

By: old row
by: Question   

What kind of "people" do you go after that is different than the rest of greek life?

By: Question
by: @question   

Typically private school/old Atlanta money types but this definitely does not apply to every member of these sororities just typically that's what old row wants

By: @question
by: Old Row    

ADPi
Phi-Mu
Theta
Kappa
Chi-O

By: Old Row
by: To above    

ADPi
Phi-Mu
Chi-O
Theta
Kappa

By: To above
#2by:    

I'm in what's considered an old row sorority and I'll tell you this, it doesn't really matter. Yes it's a thing, but really after freshman year no one cares. We do socialize with the old row frats/do sisterhood events with old row sororities but really when it comes down to it you're gonna go to great fraternity parties and have great sisterhood in any sorority you join. I'm not trying to be cliche haha just honest. Don't aim for a certain set of sororities during rush.

By: Hey
by: Yas   

This is on point

By: Yas
#3by:    

If it has nothing to do with founding dates or whatever is it about who were the first to get houses here?

By: Poster
by: First five   

Phi Mu 1921
Chi O 1922
Alpha Gam 1923
KD, SDT 1924 (SDT closed in 1929 and came back in 1945)

By: First five
by: Really?   

ADPi 1851
Phi-Mu 1852
Theta 1870
Kappa 1870
Chi-O 1895

KD 1897
SDT 1917
Alpha Gam 1904

By: Really?
by: Obvi   

They are just the first 5 houses on the right side of Milledge and DG and DPhiE were and are being added. That explains DG's mod house style.

By: Obvi
by: Ah ha   

So Delta Tau Delta, which had the first chapter house at Georgia, is old row, too, huh!

By: Ah ha
by: ^   

I am so over the KD that posted the above

By: ^
#4by:    

The old row houses are the most prestigious. KA and SAE only socialize with them.

By: Old row

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Old Row    

This is true

By: Old Row

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.