facebook

zeta tau alpha discussion

by:    

Zeta Tau Alpha sorority chapter comments at University of Georgia - UGA

Posted By: GR Administrator
Page 8 of 12
#71by:    

Alice Grey Welsh

Alice was a wonderful, loyal Zeta whose devotion carried through the years. Blonde Alice was a real personality with "a vast gift of accomplishment and originality." Alice was known by her classmates as vivacious. She was devoted to riding and she started a riding club in Richmond, Va. She was a charter member of the Deep Run Hunt Club. Alice loved travel and excitement and by choice, not chance she was never wooed in matrimony. Alice Welsh was the 5th founder to die-June 21, 1960.

By: We Honor
#72by:    

Mary Campbell Jones Batte

Mary Campbell was never called anything but Cammie. She was the only daughter and her childhood was a merry one with five devoted brothers in attendance. She never knew the meaning of the word lonesome. Why she was not spoiled no one knew, but she wasn't. It was Cammie who was sent the famous strawberries by her admirer. She married S. Basset Batte and lived in Norfolk, Va. She had two sons. Mary Jones was the fourth Founder to die-December 3, 1957.

#73by:    

Helen May Crafford

Helen May Crafford came from a family prominent in the educational world. Poised, charming, and brilliant, she had no close acquaintenance with the domestic arts, nor a hankering for them. An excellent horsewoman and a good shot, she rode to the hounds and chased many a hapless fox over hill and dale. Learning came easily to her, and she had the high attributes of character demanded by the close little group that became Zeta Tau Alpha. In addition to having fun and making good grades, she also excelled in German. Teaching became Helen's life-long profession and love--a very rewarding one for her. "Teaching," she once said, "is more than just a way to earn a living. It is a way of life, and a good way." Helen Crafford was the seventh Founder to die-September 17, 1964.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#74by:    

has no social life and this is why they have all the time in the world to sit on this site and post comments about how they were once great. Take a few tips from your founders because you are nothing like the women described in the below comments.

By: ZTA
#75by:    

Ruby Bland Leigh Orgain

Growing up, Ruby evidently was not known as a "natural born cook." She was reared in a home guided by deep religious principles. Ruby was careful with her pennies and emphasized that "idle spending was unknown to my pocketbook." A girl with many friends she was referred to as our "sympathetic Ruby." She married on October 25, 1906, in Washington, DC to Albert Marcellus Orgain, Jr. She had two sons and a daughter. Parke Leigh was the only daughter of a Founder and followed in her mother's footsteps by becoming a ZTA. Mrs. Orgain's home is in Dinwiddie, Va and her heart-warming messages contribute much to our Themis.

Ruby Leigh Orgain is the only secretary the Founders ever chose and she had been their spokesman since Shirley Kreason Strout called them together to organize in 1924. Mrs. Orgain celebrated her 100th birthday on December 4, 1979.

#76by:    

sux

By: zta
#77by:    

bunch that most wouldn't want to be associated with. they party very hard --I feel sorry for the poor snaps they picked up that were clueless & are miserable(I know of 3)big hazing also

By: a nasty
#78by:    

I'm coming to UGA this fall & I'm worried, someone in this sorority keeps fb messaging me & I don't really even know her! Will I get in trouble for "dirty" rushing? She's starting to creep me out.

By: ??
#79by:    

honey, you won't get in trouble. If they haven't gotten called out yet they never will, everybody knows how they play, too bad it doesn't even help them. Most smart PNM's see right through their act.

By: don't worry
#80by:    

Is a fake. Yeah, like we believe you're in high school. Yep, tell me another tale.

By: PNM

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.