facebook

sorority comments

by:    

University of Georgia - UGA General Sorority Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Page 453 of 508
#4521by:    

Was really honest during rush. When I hit it off with ABC I told the girl rushing me, hey I'm really excited to be here at ABC and I like the feel of this chapter. I just made sure that the houses I liked knew I liked them. My sister is a UGA XYZ alum and XYZ is very competitive. I liked them very well and did pref there, but ultimately ABC was more what I wanted. So long as you are honest with yourself and the actives (but not creepy it will end up great. Do be familiar with your sister's chapter's legacy policy. I kind of strategically kept mine in bc I would have rather been XYZ than nothing. (granted I do like XYZ and would have also been happy there) Just food for thought! Good luck!

By: I just
#4522by:    

If you like a group, tell them! But don't offend your sister's group...you never know how how recruitment will go and you shouldn't rule anybody out :-)

By: Agree with I Just
#4523by:    

Thanks for all the (nice) responses. All very good advice. I am now feeling a little more confident about the process. After reading some of the comments on the boards I figured I might get snarky comments. But not a single one. Big Thanks!

By: Thanks!
#4524by:    

when old row means nothing? It only matters if there a system of loyalty and preference for legacies that give a chapter a history of being "established." UGA sororities do not put a lot of weight on legacies, no matter what their stated policy is. If you have a sibling who is an active, that is good for your chances of getting into her sorority. Otherwise, the process is simply who do you know, chemistry with the chapter, how you present yourself, and so on. Which is not a bad thing, assuming you find a place where you feel you belong! Otherwise, being Old Row means nothing. It does not mean your parents are wealthy. It does not mean your mother was old row at UGA. It does not mean you're super attractive. So girls, stop this petty talk about odl row. It makes you seem not classy and definitely not collegiate. Classy people in the adult world don't talk about themselves and how they are better than others.

By: why rank
#4525by:    

well thanks for ruining the PNM's good feeling about not having snarky comments. And you are wrong.. I cannot see anyone choosing a "less popular" house over the prestige of a more polular house-be it old row or not. It just doesn't happen.

By: why rank
#4526by:    

here's a snarky comment for you-enough with bs questions & comments! REALLY! just how freakin' stupid are you?

By: Oh Please!
#4527by:    

umm...I DID pick a 'less popular' house over the prestige of the other houses I preffed at. So did several girls in my PC. Sure lost of girls get wrapped up in the rankings and want to go to the best possible house, but not everybody does. I chose a chapter where I didn't feel any pressure or fakeness and I LOVE my sorority. I would make the same choice one hundred times over.

By: @ why rank
#4528by:    

will always have prestige associated with it.

By: Old Row

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4529by:    

Go take a bath.

By: re: Oh Please
#4530by:    

Not everyone is into social climbing....

By: @ Old Row

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.