facebook

sorority comments

by: GR Administrator

University of Georgia - UGA General Sorority Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 26 of 508
#251  by: ugaalumtwo   

That is a very self-righteous comment posted by ugaalum below. Just because you express your opinion doesn't mean you have an ax to grind. The fact is that people need to let go of old stereotypes and realize that sororities have changed at UGA. ADPi has dropped down in so many ways, Phi Mu has dropped, Kappa has gone down as well. All of this while some of the other sororities have remained constant and some have improved greatly. It's unfortunate for people to claim that the old row sororities are better than the others when that is no longer the case. Wake up people and let go of old stereotypes. If you met a lot of the 'old row' girls and didn't know what sorority they were in, you'd probably not guess they were old row and then when you find out they are, you make all kind of justifications (well, she must have money, must be a legacy). Things have changed at UGA. Accept it.

By: ugaalumtwo
#252  by: UGA Alum   

Graduated three years ago and have been back to help with rush. I am amazed at how some of the sororities have improved. I don't know about "old row" having fallen- I think it is just more a case of other sororities being able to compete with them for top rushees. I was an "old rower" and think the competition is good for everyone. It should raise the bar for everyone.

By: UGA Alum
#253  by: Senior   

Agree with below. Since I have been at UGA some of the sororities like AOPi and SK are able to compete with the old row houses. However, the perception that XO, KKG, KAT, and PhiMu are still "tops" is hard to counter. ADPi slipped after the bus incident but they are trying hard to rebuild.

By: Senior
#254  by: Frat   

Um, I wouldn't even use AOP and SK in the same sentence. AOP is in the 'tops' category along with Chi O, Kappa and Phi Mu. Theta, notsomuch and ADPi, definitely not so much. It's just weird how people see things so differently. My comment is based on my own opinion and that of my frat.

By: Frat
#255  by: Frat   

Oh, and ADPi slipping isn't just because of the 'bus' incident, lol. Have you seen them lately? Not a very attractive bunch of girls at all and not very much class to boot.

By: Frat
#256  by: wow   

AOPi, Chio and Kappa=the best people. Get over it.

By: wow
#257  by: please   

can someone PLEASE explain what the big deal with Public Vs Private school is?? Like seriously.

By: please
#258  by: antisnob   

it makes me sick to my stomach when people make stupid comments that a sorority has no place for public school girls. I know many girls that attended public school and they conduct themselfs way better than some of these spoiled rotten private school girls. get over yourself!!!!

By: antisnob
#259  by: i dont get it?   

i've heard people say that some of the houses (ADPi, Phi Mu, KD, Theta, XO, etc) only look at girls who have tons of money and are dressed perfectly at rush every year.
DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU HEAR!
I looked like a hot mess during rush with my walmart umbrella and frizzy hair and i still got into one of the "judgmental" sororities.

oh yeah! and i went to public school! woooohooooooo

By: i dont get it?
#260  by: XO WOW   

Wow! It's really great whoever is so clever and can rhyme ChiO with Ho. Really, that is special. Keep it up it...we are all getting a laugh, Serious. Get a hobby.

By: XO WOW

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.