facebook

sorority comments

by:    

University of Georgia - UGA General Sorority Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Page 24 of 508
#231by:    

the sororities that are considered "old row" are considered that based on when they were founded nationally not when they came to UGA. im in a "new row" sorority if you will so it's not that im defending "old row" i'm just saying you need to get your facts straight. the list that was posted of dates is when sororities were chartered and started at UGA. usually the old row sororities are good nationally and therefore have a good name on campus because they have been around so long

By: dear alum and so tru
#232by:    

Wow, so glad I came back to see this comment below. Ok, alum of some southern schools also consider 'old row' to mean the sororities and frats that have been on THAT CAMPUS the longest. I got your point that you think it is when they were founded nationally but no, that is not the only meaning of old row.

Second, even if you do look at it from the national founding date perspective, look at Pi Beta Phi, for ex. It was founded before BOTH Kappa Kappa Gamma and Kappa Alpha Theta, so shouldn't Pi Beta Phi at UGA also be considered old row.??

Also, look at Chi Omega. It was founded later on, AFTER Alpha Chi Omega and AFTER Tri Delta. So, why is it that Chi O is considered old row at UGA if these other sororities are not?

Please, get your facts straight. There is a lot of inconsistency in the whole Old Row label. It is really meaningless.

By: alum
#233by:    

AOPi, ZTA, PBP, DZ, KD, XO, AXO, KAO, GPB, KKG, SK, PM, ADP, DG, AGD

By: truth

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#234by:    

AOPi, ZTA, PBP, DZ, KD, XO, AXO, KAO, GPB, KKG, SK, DDD,PM, ADP, DG, AGD

By: truth
#235by:    

Old row=old southern sororities on UGA's campus. (phi mu, adpi, theta, xo, kkg). It is just the sororities that traditionaly were southern culture on this campus when they evolved. Not speaking of old as in order they were founded.

By: Clarification
#236by:    

To Clarification: Your definition makes little sense. 'Sororites that traditionally were southern culture on this campus'. What does that mean exactly. Again, you included Theta and KKG which were not and are not southern culture at all. They were founded up north along with Pi Phi, AOII, AChiO and others. That is what I'm trying to point out to you people. There is no way you can package it to justify calling these sororities old row. That doesn't mean that they aren't good houses, but it DOES mean that the term 'old row' is meaningless. If you want to be technical, by your definition, ADPi, PhiMu and ChiO would be the only old row sororities here. They were all founded in the south and were strong in the south at their time of founding. Not the case for Theta and KKG.

By: alum
#237by:    

this site is so off

xo,aopi, adpi, zta, sk, kd, pm, kao, kkg, axo, ddd, pbp, dz, gpb, agd, dg

By: sitesuks
#238by:    

I'm sorry I just saw the comment about leg makeup on Kappa Delta's page. This site is pretty cruel if you ask me. It's tempting to laugh but really it's cruel.

By: OH my
#239by:    

old row means nothing. that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. in no particular order i would say the most popular and sought after sororities recently are aopi, zta, kd. sk. and adpi. def. not saying the others arent popular with guys just saying those probably the better ones and all for different reasons

By: this site is wrong
#240by:    

Please read before you rank or post.

Romans 13:9
Whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

By: Please Read

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.