facebook

sorority comments

by:    

University of Georgia - UGA General Sorority Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Page 23 of 508
#221by:    

Sorry but perception is everything. Truth is, it is hard to beat the perception that XO, Kappa, Theta and PhiMu are the best and most selective on campus. i'm not saying that is necessarily true- just that is what everyone thinks. .

By: Chris
#222by:    

Perception is also that ADPi and AOII are selective. I think those plus the ones you mentioned would be the top six.

By: PKP
#223by:    

Agree with Rush- as for brlow post... It is doubtful that any current XO preffed at SK or DZ- Or any current Kappa preffed at ZTA. Usually, "old row" is rushing the same girls. That's KKG, KAT, and XO. They are perceived as being the most exclusive and prestigious (at least in perception and with "old row" frats)

By: doubt

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#224by:    

Agree with below post- Top tier is still old row- if you are talking about being exclusive- You do not have to be pretty or nice but you better have some big bucks....

By: True
#225by:    

As for the SDT post... True story. I am glad someone said it. You are either part of the process in good faith (no pun intended) or you should withdraw from the process.

By: SDT
#226by:    

Re: the whole 'old row' status, I think it's important to mention that some of the sororities you people have listed as old row (ie. Kappa Kappa Gamma and Kappa Alpha Theta) aren't actually old row. IE: They are not the oldest sororities on the row. That doesn't mean that they aren't good but it should be noted that they aren't truly old row. Here are the actual dates of founding for all sororities (courtesy of wikipedia and some sorority websites). Just realize when you people put down a sorority or say it isn't prestigious because it isn't old row, realize that such sorority may be older row than you think.

Phi Mu, 1921
Chi O, 1922
Alpha Gamma Delta, 1923
Kappa Delta, 1924
Sigma Delta Tau, 1924
Alpha Delta Pi, 1933
Tri Delta, 1934
Alpha Omicron Pi, 1934
Kappa Alpha Theta, 1937
Alpha Chi Omega, 1939
Pi Beta Phi, 1939
Kappa Kappa Gamma, 1948
Zeta Tau Alpha, 1949
Delta Zeta, 1961
Sigma Kappa, 1964
Delta Gamma, 1968
Gamma Phi Beta, 1983

By: alum
#227by:    

This site is worthless for reliable info on who is the best sorority on UGA campus. Actually , if you take any of the UGA sororites and put in on campus somewhere else it would be tops. UGA has awesome sororities and it all depends on what you want in a sorority. If you want to party, study hard, get involved in philanthropies etc. They are all good and have slightly different focuses. Quite frankly, the old row categories are silly. They think they are good because they used to dominate. Not any more. As the campus becomes more and more diversified, no one cares or places as much emphasis on the " southern old row" sororities except themselves.

By: Site is worthless
#228by:    

agree with below. UGA recruitment is very demanding. Every house has some superstars and duds. It just depends on what you are looking for.

By: truethat
#229by:    

Yes, the 'old row' categories are totally worthless. You see from the dates posted two comments down that some of the sororities that claim to be old row actually aren't. They were founded after others. What a joke.

By: agree
#230by:    

8 sororities were founded here before Theta was came to UGA. The first two are considered old row, so why aren't the rest after that? Then, 2 more sororities came along before Kappa. Kappa was pretty late in the game getting here. So why is Kappa considered old row? I didn't know a lot of those dates and I'm glad someone posted.

By: so true

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.