facebook

rush as a sophomore

by: wondering

Is it extremely hard to rush as a sophomore? I've heard it's much more difficult, and I've also heard that it's a lot easier...

Posted By: wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Mio   

It's not hard if you don't think you're "too good" for some of the sororities. If your nose is not stuck in the air, you'll find a sisterhood to suit you.

By: Mio
by: long post, sorryJan 22, 2015 11:29:47 AM

While I think this is decent advice, I felt like it's important to add that you still may not get a bid. While I have seen sophomores rush successfully, I've seen them released from recruitment as well. Not every girl who is released was stuck up or snooty. Some kept an open mind and still didn't find a home. While I do believe if you go in with an open mind and give each of the sisterhoods a shot, you'll have a better chance, there is no doubt that it is much harder to go through recruitment as a sophomore. If you're interested in joining a sorority, and you're already at school here, I suggest signing up for spring rush on the Panhellenic site. You would have a much better chance as a freshman.

All that being said, if you can't go through recruitment until the fall, this should in no way discourage you. Instead, you'll need to work harder to stand out from the crowd. If you go in and be your best self, you will have a good chance at finding the perfect sisterhood. Good luck!

By: long post, sorry
#2  by: Yes   

You can have a happy ending, but you do need to be open minded. Two of my friends went through as sophomores this past fall. One pledged Chi-O and one went AOPi. Two years ago, one of my friends pledged Pi Phi as a sophomore. My friend in Zeta said they took, I think, eight sophomores Fall '14. We will definitely have an upperclassman quota this fall. You can read more about that at the Panhellenic website where Fall 15 info is already posted, but it's a separate quota for non-freshman. It's much smaller than the freshman quota, but I've got friends who will tell you it helped them. They had really high GPAs, too. They also knew sorority members, which can count for a lot. Another possibility this fall is the return of Delta Phi Epsilon (DPhiE) Colonizing chapters always look for a good mix of freshmen and upperclassmen. They will be a good opportunity for sophomores and juniors. Finally, be sure you get recs to every single chapter, including DPhiE. Good luck!

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.