facebook

sorority rush

by:    

Hey everyone! My daughter is going to college next year and her choices all are all southern big football schools. She is a triple legacy in one house. She asked me if I care if she chooses my house or chooses a different one. I couldn't care less- I want her to find her own fit. Question-is it ok to not report legacy on paperwork? Can I send legacy information differently to specific house? Thanks in advance for ant thoughts!
\n\n\n\n\n

Posted By: irish
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Being a legacy doesn't seem to matter much at the big southern schools. Might get your daughter a second look, might not. It will not hurt to report it. I really don't think what gets written on forms is seen that much or really matters in the end.

By: legacy
#2by:    

My daughter was a triple legacy and went through rush. I am an alumnae of my UGA chapter and dreamed about my daughter becoming a sister of my sorority. Being a legacy does not matter much anymore. There are so many girls going through rush these days and many of them are legacies at one house or another or even a few houses. When I was in college in the 80's there were not as many legacies only because there were not as many women going to college in the 50's. Now, with step mothers being considered legacies, everyone is a legacy. Your daughter will need to get into a house on her own merit and that is the lesson my daughter learned this year. She rushed and ended up being cut from many houses and ended up getting a bid at a lower tier house and has now quit. She says sorority life is not for her. It is very sad but a reality.

By: been there/done that
by: AC   

I think these days only a sitting sister in the house will help you! But hope you want that house because most of the others will probably cut you.

By: AC
by: Sorry to hear it   

It is too bad your daughter didn't give the "lower" tier house a chance. Quitting after a few weeks didn't give her a chance to get to know many of the sisters or other pledges. UGA has a lot of other activities so I am sure she will have a great time, but nothing can ever replace being a part of a sorority. Of course it sounds like you and she think she is a little too good for anyone less than your house. Pity for her... Good for the house she quit.

By: Sorry to hear it
#3by:    

Yes, you can leave it off the Panhellenic form and personally report it to the legacy sorority.

By: An answer...
#4by:    

It's probably safer to leave it off. I have heard of girls being cut from other sororities because those sororities thought the girl would go with here legacy chapter, and then the legacy chapter would cut her after two rounds, leaving her with nothing. I also know girls who listed themselves a legacies and had a full schedule all through rush and ended up at more competitive houses. It's up to you.

By: Thought

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#5by:    

I had a successful rush ultimately because I ended up at my legacy house which is a top tier where I wanted. However, I am convinced when push came to shove I got cut from all of the top and mid tier because they were fearful that I was going to my top tier legacy house. If I were to do it again I would not reveal that I am legacy unless I was legacy at a bottom tier. Glad its over.

By: that happened to me
#6by:    

I was released by a number of sororities after the second day. I have since learned from friends in those sororities that the legacy connection is generally viewed as a negative because they think the girl is likely leaning toward that chapter. In the end, I did not pledge my legacy chapter. It just wasn't the right fit for me. I am incredibly happy where I am and so glad they overlooked the legacy status. I definitely would only report the legacy connection to that chapter.

By: I wouldn't...
#7by:    

My daughter will be attending UGA in the fall. When registering for rush included that she was a legacy. Is it to late to remove the legacy information from the paperwork? After reading the previous posts, it's best not to report that you are a legacy so everyone looks at your equally. Advice on how to update registration paperwork. Thanks!

By: Okie
#8by:    

I don't know if you will be able to remove it, but if you can do. Just report the legacy to the legacy chapter.

By: Legacy

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.