facebook

Is AXiD disappointed with their PC24…?

by:    

I got a bid to AXiD and overall I’m excited about the chance to be a part of a new, developing sorority! But during bid day, I got the impression that a lot of the current AXiDs seemed kinda unenthusiastic and didn’t really seem interested in talking to me or some of the other new members…

Also no one (outside of exec providing new member/chapter info) has reached out to me at all since bid day. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to feel more like I belong here?

Posted By: AXiD
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I don’t have specific info about AXiD but you definitely shouldn’t be feeling so disconnected from your new home!

Each sorority coordinates things a bit differently, but I’d suggest reaching out to AXiD’s exec member (or team) that’s responsible for new members. Probably called something like Director of New Members, Member Education committee, VP Membership etc…

Were you paired with a specific active on bid day? If so, maybe she just isn’t as friendly or outgoing, and isn’t doing her part to make you feel welcome there. That’s the kind of issue that AXiD exec should be able to resolve.

Other than that, I’d suggest trying to get involved with your PC since that’s who you’ll most likely be closest with in the long run! Some ideas could be setting up a PC group chat if y’all don’t have one already, see if a few other new members want to grab coffee or dinner one day this week, try to sit with other AXiDs in your classes etc…

By: Sorry :(
by: pledge class    

your pledge class will make or break your experience. Make the effort now to get to know them.

By: pledge class
by: Thisss   

This is absolutely the best advice! So sorry that OP and the other AXiD commenter are dealing with this :( hopefully y’all will end up having a super close PC in the long run and can apply this experience to create a more welcoming environment for new members once your PC is the one running the chapter! :)

By: Thisss
#2by:    

No, this isn't normal at all for a sorority here. They should be all over their new members this week. I heard they were this way during recruitment too, kind of aloof and just going through the motions, and it was hard to make connections with the members. Maybe they are expecting that just by people showing up the rest is automatic. Successful chapters know that you have to essentially keep rushing your new members.

By: huh
by: New    

Completely agree that this isn’t normal. To be fair, if AXiD doesn’t know how to make PNMs and new members feel welcome, that’s really on their nationals and chapter advisors, not the members themselves, since AXiD is new and can’t be expected to know how to run their chapter yet.

By: New
by: If   

If their chapter advisors would spend less time on greekrank and more time with their actual chapter this wouldn't be happening.

By: If
by: Meh   

This is why I dropped them. Could not get any to look me in the eye. It was like pulling teeth to get them to talk to me! THE PNM!! I didn’t care about the rank but them seemed bored- un enthusiastic during my rounds. Not what I was looking for in a sisterhood. If they want to grow they need to be more excited about their chapter and future. Did not feel that at all with anyone I met.

By: Meh
#3by:    

I’ve the exact same experience with AXiD so far. I really wanna stick it out longer to give it a fair chance, but all my friends in other houses seem to be having such a great time and I just feel like I’m completely missing out :(((

By: Same
by: Axid   

Coming from an initiated Axid, it doesn’t get any better. Sad to hear that new girls are already having the same experience as me.

By: Axid
by: yikes   

It's one thing to feel unconnected at first, that's totally normal, but it's a whole other thing to feel unwelcomed.

By: yikes
#4by:    

I went DG but This is b.s. My roommate went AXiD and spent the entire day Sunday with a group of Axid’s and went out on Sunday night with them and had chapter Monday night and has a social on Thursday. These posts are Totally made up or it’s a you problem.

By: DG pnm
by: ^   

There is a group from Atlanta that already knows each other that is it's own little group already.

By: ^
by: To ^:   

That would happen in ANY of the groups here. It's not unique to them.

By: To ^:
by: ^   

True, but in large nm classes it's easier to find your people outside the high school cliques. When the chapter and class size is so much smaller the clique presence is more dominant.

By: ^
#5by:    

The initiated sisters have been tirelessly working to prep for rush and now classes have started. They are very exhausted (and I bet you are too), but really focus on getting to know your PC. Ask someone to go to coffee or lunch. Ask for a study partner. Surely someone has the same major (or similar) as you. Create a new member group chat.

You still (as a new member) have to make an effort. Also, they are a new chapter and figuring things out. Those girls saying things are 100% exciting and perfect are the ones who wind up dropping their sorority, or they are over stating things.

Hang in there! It gets better.

By: Also remember

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: what?   

no haha that's not true that happy pnm's on bid day are the ones who drop. bid day and the first week is the most exciting and amazing experience, or should be. if it's not then it's off to a bad start.

By: what?
by: Nope   

Active sisters being tired isn’t a valid excuse. We’re all exhausted after recruitment, but we’re also incredibly excited to meet our new members and still try our best to get them as hyped about us as we are about them! That’s what sisterhood is all about, but it seems like maybe AXiD hasn’t figured that out yet.

By: Nope
by: bump   

bump.

By: bump
#6by:    

What a hurtful post. This makes poster look bad. A Xi D got some amazing young women. They are excited as new dawgs, new Greeks, and this is how you welcome them? Do better ladies!!

By: Grow up
#7by:    

I’m a new member in AxiD and I’m having the best experience. I love my bid day buddy abd have been out with her and we’re so similar. We’ve had tons of events this week. If this post was for real use the group chat and show up because we're having so much fun and you are welcome to join in!

By: AXID new memeber
by: Rank   

So many AXiDs on Greek rank lmao

By: Rank
by: To Rank   

and yet you are here too.

By: To Rank

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.